SAU Community

Wheel Offset For R33 Gtst

mate 18x9+32 you say, the rims he has are 18x9+40..thats an 8mm difference barely noticeable to the human eye and you want to make thiis guy stress he doesnt have he right size wheels.

I swear you guys can be so anal sometimes :)

Just put the rims on and post pics already OP

Don't want him to stress, only saying that if he hasn't bought the wheels yet, he would be ideal going for something with a bit less offset :)

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...

ps. don't use spacers guys tyre fitters hate them and if the spacer is to excessive then it can cause serious shaking in the front end at speeds over 80KM/H

for anyone wanting to know :D

ps. don't use spacers guys

wait, you do know the difference right? Couldn't believe when I had to explain it to tyre shops, like isn't your business just wheels and tyres, and you should have knowledge in such things? said 'they're hubcentric"...blank look on his face. Took the wheel off, 'ahh yeah they look alright actually".

yea i do know the difference. I'm not saying I'm right about spacers I'm just going off what I've been told by many people thats why i said if the spacers are to excessive like I'm talking 20mm+ spacers not small ones.

your one of the first people that have said different about vibrations so its interesting to hear that.

yea i do know the difference. I'm not saying I'm right about spacers I'm just going off what I've been told by many people thats why i said if the spacers are to excessive like I'm talking 20mm+ spacers not small ones.

your one of the first people that have said different about vibrations so its interesting to hear that.

I had 25mm hubcentric bolt on spacers on my track wheels - 250km/hr at the end of Pukekohe back straight -steady as a rock. I don't give a stuff what tyre fitters like or don't like. I pay them to fit tyres.

I don't give a stuff what tyre fitters like or don't like. I pay them to fit tyres.

hahaha good point my friend.

I'm waiting for my rims to come in and then getting my brakes and sway bars fitted up and i should have a very smooth ride i just hate the time it takes.

I'm so weary of tyre shops now. I had to replace two cross threaded wheel studs on my Pooparu yesterday (instead of working on my GT-R).

Seriously, how hard is it to spin the wheel nuts onto the studs by hand before hitting it with a 400Nm rattle gun?

Don't even get me started on wheel alignments...

*edit* nothing wrong with bolt-on hub centric spacers.

2nded on wheel 'alignments'. After the last 2 i got i thought, fk it, i'll learn to do it myself, and now, theyve never been better.

A genuinely good tyre shop is worth travelling to in my experience.