SAU Community

Wakie Track Day Wrap-Up Thread - 5 March 2011

GoldZilla

OK peoples, as per usual here is where we'll have all the rest of the wrap-up photos, chat and follow-up from yesterday's track day.

Out of respect for the owner(s) of the car(s), please DO NOT discuss or post any photos of "the incident" which occured late in the afternoon...

Edit: A big thanks to Fsport and Kumho for supporting the event. We encourage all entrants to check out www.fsport.com.au to see the products they have to offer.

Well my car is all cleaned up with a new P/S belt on, it will be getting a serious WTF inspection ASAP, I was all keens on a better time than my last one, oh well next time things should be sorted and the times will drop, as long as I get more than 3 or 4 laps that is, my only laps that I didnt spin out on was the warm up and the the second hot one which was a 1.14.

Sorry for leaving straight away but I had the poos and needed to be alone for a while(redrum redrum), I did see some very nice cars though and by the look of the times throughout the day they came down rather well.

See you all next time and good luck.

Hey guys just wanted to say big thanks to the club for a great day. My car was the ghetto-spec GTR with an unpainted half-cage and no interior. It was my first day out on a track and I had a blast!

Had a few minor issues with brake pads overheating after 5 laps and the power steering reservoir boiling over, but other than that the car was awesome! Scary amounts of grip with the semis on, I'm nowhere to finding the limit.

Also wanted to give Brad from Pro-Fabrication a plug due to the massive amount of work he has put into my car, from the awesome job on the half cage to the many other bits and pieces he helped me out with to ensure the car got out onto the track. All his work is top notch and he's an all round good bloke!

IN!!!!

.....wait, what?

Haha yeah great day like usual afternoon sessions were super easy going with stacks of space in each group. And I'm sunburnt like a mofo from all the standing on the pit wall

Yeah I got mad sunburn on the face and neck. =(

Was good fun, I'll definitely try to get one of my cars on the track next time.....or maybe both!

Duncan will have to drive his street registed GTR down there for the next one,,,my trailer will have an SAU "big gun" inside. We can't have Renew winning can we.

Cheers

Neil.

Continuing from the last thread - if you mean your radical then that doesnt exactly count for the competition does it? If you're serious you better speak to Don (i can give you his email) before entering to see if it will be allowed on the track with normal cars. There could be safety concerns involved.

The cars I'm talking about are FDs but it's just what I hear for now and who knows what will hapen in 2 months.

I've got some pics to sort through and I'll out some of the better ones up later

No issues entering the radical, it's just a regular trackday. It will just be in Class C like mine.

Correct me if I'm wrong here but your car is lapping in the middle of the time range of the entrants we had (give or take a second or two). A radical should be much faster and will probably out handle the other cars in the fast group but not have as much straight line speed. Inter forum smack talking aside if Neil really wants to enter that he'll need to clear it with Don since this next day is hosted by renew.

yeah Duncan the track seems faster to me. I went 1sec quicker than I have before although I was on better tyres too (federals). The exit of 5 is larger, and they have fixed some of the ripple strips too.

Correct me if I'm wrong here but your car is lapping in the middle of the time range of the entrants we had (give or take a second or two). A radical should be much faster and will probably out handle the other cars in the fast group but not have as much straight line speed. Inter forum smack talking aside if Neil really wants to enter that he'll need to clear it with Don since this next day is hosted by renew.

So you think Renew would knock it back due to its fast lap time or the type of vehicle it is? Because if its due to the type of vehicle it is than mine shouldnt be allowed to enter either (they might look different, my car vs neils, but they are constructed the same - fibreglass body sitting on a tube chassis powered by motorbike engines).

So you think Renew would knock it back due to its fast lap time or the type of vehicle it is? Because if its due to the type of vehicle it is than mine shouldnt be allowed to enter either (they might look different, my car vs neils, but they are constructed the same - fibreglass body sitting on a tube chassis powered by motorbike engines).

I'm not saying they would or wouldn't i'm just saying it would be wise to check first to avoid issues on the day. The vehicle type would be the big issue for me - it's very low and open topped vehicle unlike yours and I wouldn't like to see what would happen if a full sized car like a gtr had a run in with one. The speed and dynamics of it add another dimension to the safety question.

I suggested my old boss who races a minetti in the same class as radicals and wests to a track day and the concerns I'm mentioning now are the sort of things that came up in the discussion. The club hosting the day and its executives can be liable if something goes badly wrong and they did the wrong thing, given that I'd say it needs to be discussed first.

:thumbsup:

There’s a HKS exhaust turbine wheel sitting somewhere at turn 6-7. It’s free to a good home if you find it LOL.

Time to go buy a new Turbo and do more that a warm up lap next time.

• Like 1

I'm uploading ~150 shots to the renew facebook page www.facebook.com/renewrotary plenty of non rotary shots in there too thanks to my brother. They're just point and shoot pics but the more the better i reckon.

Some samples (I have higher res versions if anyone wants them):

196577_171107316269946_155396467841031_348477_6539739_n.jpg

184237_171106532936691_155396467841031_348469_3594320_n.jpg

199213_171105686270109_155396467841031_348459_7703188_n.jpg

196440_171099226270755_155396467841031_348376_6150412_n.jpg

188309_171105049603506_155396467841031_348451_4627447_n.jpg

Edited by gregor