SAU Community

Project Gtrb28 - Powertune Australia Built.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice one mate. you will love the hollinger, best money you'll spend on the car. bet you were impressed with how compact and light they are for such a stout 6 speed sequential box? they are a better thing in every way. better gears, better engagement, sequential, better casing and on and on. well worth the $20odd thou. espcially considering doing a full house gearset upgrade in a stock housing these days can run to $13-$15K by the time you do all the little upgrades and have it all assembled. no such drama with the hollinger and they are so nice to drive. :)

lol, thanx guys =)

what compression BC stroker kit are you using?

i'm unsure. powertune know more about it than i do

=)

nice one mate. you will love the hollinger, best money you'll spend on the car. bet you were impressed with how compact and light they are for such a stout 6 speed sequential box? they are a better thing in every way. better gears, better engagement, sequential, better casing and on and on. well worth the $20odd thou. espcially considering doing a full house gearset upgrade in a stock housing these days can run to $13-$15K by the time you do all the little upgrades and have it all assembled. no such drama with the hollinger and they are so nice to drive. :)

hahahaha i hope your not wrong. =)

I've heard mixed reports about the hollinger. The good is they are bullet proof, ultra fast to shift etc.

The bad was (as I was told from someone else with a hollinger and 800+hp), the car lost what street manners it had left. Thats fine if you use the car as a toy that you occasionally go for a blast on the street or race track. But you cant drive your mum to the shops in it anymore. Based on what you said the cars fuel consumption is though, Im guessing its a toy so you will probably love it.

As long as you remember not to come to a complete stop, at an intersection, in 3rd gear, with cars waiting to turn behind you while you attempt to select lower gear but you can not. So always when downshifting, car needs to be moving at least a little. That is the only downside on the road, but than again there are too many positives to worry about any negative.

Enjoy the box. Once you setup your quick shift, up-shifting is a pleasure.

:thumbsup:

I've heard mixed reports about the hollinger. The good is they are bullet proof, ultra fast to shift etc.

The bad was (as I was told from someone else with a hollinger and 800+hp), the car lost what street manners it had left. Thats fine if you use the car as a toy that you occasionally go for a blast on the street or race track. But you cant drive your mum to the shops in it anymore. Based on what you said the cars fuel consumption is though, Im guessing its a toy so you will probably love it.

yeah they are definitely not that street happy. I mean you can't just cruise off and whack it into 5th or 6th and cruise. need to shift up and down the gears through every gear which can be tough if crusing in 4th and suddenly have to stop and quickly row back 3 gears. but like most things you would get used to dealing with it. also sucks in carparts as you sit there trying to grab reverse which can be a pain as you have to go into 1st, then into neutral, then into reverse. try doing it 3 times quickly in a 3 point parking manoeuvre!

but the joy under full power on the circuit makes them well worth it.

• 2 weeks later...

LOL Pete! Plenty died after 1 run, some lasted two :D

Was good to see this car in person. Gearchanges were just silly, that alone is worth 20k!

Needs some work round the launches to get outta the hole better and it'll be ridiculously fast!

Even i was a casualty on my last run, but it was expected :D

LOL Pete! Plenty died after 1 run, some lasted two :D

Was good to see this car in person. Gearchanges were just silly, that alone is worth 20k!

Needs some work round the launches to get outta the hole better and it'll be ridiculously fast!

Even i was a casualty on my last run, but it was expected :D

I remeber your car, what happen to it?