SAU Community

C210 Gt Badge Colours

hey guys,

i know the colour of the GT badge wont "make or break" the look of my car, but i want to make my c210 as close to origional and even this is annoying me.

Im putting the car back to its Japanese state, not Australian.

Ive got the stove tops got rid of the block tail lights, and not putting GL badges on it, but GT badges..

they are avalibale in

BLACK/WHITE

BLUE/WHITE

RED/WHITE

Ive heard numerous stories about what colour badges was put on the cars, fuel injected, turbo, carby, all meaning having certain colours.

DOES ANYBODY HAVE ANY INFORMATION ON THIS!??????

hi mate,

Yes, ive got the S with the black background on my steering wheel.

also i have the grill "S" badge and the S that is in the center hub cap for the wheels which are all also blue.

do you have any idea what the colours mean?

so thats deffinately how the cars came out?

blue on the steering wheel = blue/white

red on the steering wheel = red/white?

That's how the R30's came out. so I would be surprised if Nissan did it diferent just for your C210

D

It all depends on what model JDM car you are trying to emulate.....

Very correct!

There is no iron clad guarantees about all this and in my opinion you're splitting hairs about it and trying to make a JDM out of an Aust factory delivered imported car?

At the end of the day, at best it's just a copy/replica so I don't understand your heartache.

Let's for a moment assume the car you want to emulate has in Japan red/white GT badges, are you then going to go out sourcing red S caps for the wheels & red S horn pad for the steering wheel & an red S badge for the grille, for the sake of a replica of something you don't even know what it is or want?????????? AND when you find they are not available what are you going to do then ................. compromise???????????????????????

I recently got some GT badge sets from Kuwait for FREE as samples, but were not what I needed as they were the wrong shape for my KHR30's. They were C210 style, 1` pair of blue/white & 1 pair of red/white and I'm giving them away for free. I haven't sent them yet because I put them away in a clean up so they wouldn't get lost and they are, as I have no idea where I put them, but I bet the 2 recipients of them aren't growing ulcers over the colours they are getting like you are?

JMHO

D

I dont thnk there is a problem trying to make my car JDM, after all, a nissan skyline is Japanese, the car looks better in its full JDM state rather than the AUS version with choc block tail lights,a "datsun" badge over the rear center garnish and GL badges.

In my opinion im just putting the car back to what it realisticly, and numbers wise actually IS.

I dont see how being picky and pedantic about the overall finish of my car, down to the badge coloursis a bad thing?

Seeing as im spending alot of time/effort on this car, ill make it as close to PERFCT as i can?

Sooner it's going the better Kev, oh and of course Socs needs to get his mobile then we can do a cruise as a unit. Put my entry in for Max Pinjarra the other day, it's on the 3rd of April. Not a bad little show if your interested.

• 1 month later...

hey guys on my Aus c210 i noticed on the rear taillight garnish where it says DATSUN that it looked like a badge.... so i carefully tried to remove it and hey presto underneath the DATSUN it says SKYLINE..... now i dunno why its like that but i thought the SKYLINE looks way better so i left it like that.

hahah classic... not as yet but ive got a 5_speed tranny, twin SU's and a 2.5in exahust ready to bolt up... the car is still stock cause my pop bought it brand new back in 78' so its never been thrashed, he passed away a few yrs back now so i brought it back to life after sittin under a car cover for yrs... im just gunna slam it and put sum deep dish rims on it for a cruiser not to fussed on speed ey... already lost my licence for 2.5yrs for drifting so i got 16mths left and ill be backl on the road and just gunna cruise lol