SAU Community

Sydney: Compliance centre recommendations for 15yr car

lwells

Hi All,

Currently importing a R32 GT-R and I want to get everything sorted well and truely before the car gets anywhere near Australia. Geoff from Prestige recommended the following companies to do the necessary modifications to comply with the ADRs (the price they quoted me is listed):

Southside Performance Imports: $1200 + blue slip + rego.

GM World (Auto Disposals): $2000 (inc blue slip) + rego.

Sydney Compliance Centre: $1500 (can't remember if it was inc/ex blue slip).

Has anyone had experience with those three companies? Was it good, bad, indifferent? Anyone who has used a different company, feel free to post the details plus any comments about them.

Thanks guys!

Lucien.

Edit: Change subject so its clearer what I mean.

do you know what the compliance plates are worth for r32 gtr's, or how long it takes to get them as i heard there was a bit of a wait for plates.

Last time I checked they weren't avilable, but since I bought an '89 GT-R I didn't bother following it up. I would expect plates to be quite expensive as they are (likely) rare with few if any workshops doing R32s. With that in mind, I would expect $4000-ish.

LW.

$2000 ? WTF.

Thats seriously steep. You only need to change a few things to get the car ready for blue slip. $2000 for these simple mods plus Rego costs is outrageous

$2000 ? WTF.

Thats seriously steep. You only need to change a few things to get the car ready for blue slip. $2000 for these simple mods plus Rego costs is outrageous

Yes, I agree $2000 is stupidly high, hence I was hoping people might be able to suggest some other places :P Who do you plan to use Blitz?

LW.

dont forget there is still a fair bit of work involved in compling these cars. they need door intrusion bars $350 engineers report $400 blue slip $77.10 filler neck and cap. $50 side mirror $30 child restaints $60 plus high mount stop light $60 plus labour to do all this.

i get all my cars done at grey imports in annandale

nath normally chargers 1200-1300 engineered (you still need blue slip, rego)

does a great job and he currently hase 6 1989 gtrs getting compiled as we speak( ive complied over 10 cars with him and i highly recomend his work)

if you want nath's number give us a bell and ill give it to you

pete