SAU Community

Charity Cruise/event For Japan Earthquake

ozcanGTT

Hi all,

I was just looking at this thread on the Vic SAU forums http://www.skylinesa...pan-earthquake/ where they are suggesting a charity cruise/event to raise money for the Japanese earthquake. There is suggestion that this be a National run event that should take place in each Australian State on the same day (if possible).

Seeing as though we all cherish our Japanese vehicles so much I have to agree with our Victorian brothers that this would be an excellent idea.

I have never really had much to do with organising an event for charity and don't really know where to start to make this happen, so I agree (as suggested in the Vic forum) that each SAU State Chapter Committee membership should seriously consider trying to make this event as huge as possible with possible participation by as many Japanese car clubs across the country as can be contacted.

Just thought I would throw this out to the ACT forum as food for thought in the hope that exposure of this idea could spark the hearts of all SAU members across the country and fellow visitors to these forums and contribute to a worthy cause.

Just an idea that could become a reality

Cheers,

mick :yes:

Someone needs to pick a date (who ever is organising the national thing). I'll draw up a route for Canberra unless anyone has objections?

If any part of this cruise route involves either Drakeford Drive or Northbourne Avenue I will stab you :P

• 2 weeks later...