SAU Community

Outer Northside Aspley To Caboolture

RandomHero83

G'day all,

Caught up with Chris Rogers today and got the alarm fitted. I don't have to stress at night since it didn't have a Alarm or Immobiliser.

Really pleased with everything, will definatly be going back for any electric & audio work in the future! :)

Cheers,

Chris

hi all,

well as some of you know, my car needs a bit of service work, so i have been compiling a list of must do's, have to do's and like to get done, now the must do's and have to do's list will get done in one hit and i know some items that i will need to get, however, i would like to get some advice as what parts for some areas, list is as follows:

Must do:

1. oil change

2. oil filter change

3. fuel filter change

4. air filter change (looking at the K & N Apollo CAI system)

5. coil packs replaced

6. spark plugs replaced

7. coil pack loom replacement

8. new tyre's (new rims hopefully soon as well)

have to do:

1. fix boost controller system (as some of you remember, this was done dodgy by someone else)

Like to do:

1. full aftermarket ECU (looking at Haltec)

2. forward facing planum

3. install more thermos (already bought these for my old car but never used them)

now as i'm still rather new to the boost world, i would like some advice:

1. what is the best (or a good choice of oil)

2. should i go genuine for the filters (oil and fuel)

3. what was the name of that wreckers in redcliffe so i can get a new loom

4. what type of spark plugs should i get

next part is simple, am i able to get some help with doing some items like installing a boost controller (i will be getting a electronic boost controller for future upgrades) and gauge, and hopefully if someone would let me do this work somewhere would be great (land son of rajab said no to any mechanical work on the premises and not wanting to drive 120+ k's to the parents)

anyway, hope to see you all soon, has been to long

and have a very happy and safe christmas and a fun and enjoyable new years eve

well my wife got a set of 18x9.5+30 Varrstoen wheels matt black with purple wheel nuts for christmas from me for the skyline. she needed tyres so we figured may as well get new rims too

will post a pic later

now just need exhaust, cooler and lowering and will be complete enough for now..

last couple of days intermitently it has had a ticking noise come from the front left wheel, hopefully it isn't anything other than the wheel nuts needing a re torque(had yet to do it since fitting wheels earlier in the week)

other than that my cressida needs inspecting to work out why it is pissing oil into the exhaust.. thinking its valve stem seals or rings as the turbo is all good

just enjoying driving my new bubble shape ford festiva 5 door around with hail damage that i scored for $800 on ebay:) other than a couple minor things its in excellent shape perfect for the daily grind to work and back.. using only 30 litres per 100 km im stoked!!

cool man, grats on the wheels, should look good.

30 litre on 100??? typo i assume, i know battleships that use less fuel than that. grats on a cheap bash about car tho, good ones are hard to find (wish id never sold the Madaz)

as for nmy car...no idea yet, only just finished work yesterday. now is relax and figure that out time.

Merry boosting christmas ladies and gents,

what did i get?! :O an amazing amount of empty plastic cards, thats what i got!

Nah, my fiance and I spent a little bit this xmas, we brought a new bedding and matress ensuite (cost of a hks turbo)

She got her pillows she wants and still waiting on her camera that is coming soon.

I got meh new jack + stands and a car creeper..

Other then that, a sore head and didnt even drive my mistress on the roads for 2 days! aw shit.

Happy new year ! for when its comes rolling around that corner

indeed. ive been spending too much money on everything non car related.

a little on it soon and get the Intercooler sorted, and prob some new front speakers for now.

I also need a new windscreen squirter motor. its kaput!

indeed. ive been spending too much money on everything non car related.

a little on it soon and get the Intercooler sorted, and prob some new front speakers for now.

I also need a new windscreen squirter motor. its kaput!

needs to see me at some point as well I believe..

hey guys, happy new year to all.

need a real quick question answered please, can anyone tell me what vac hose goes where on the stock boost solenoid, as in, where does the actuator hose goes and the intake hose goes, if possible a photo would be great

happy new year Joe, sry man cant think of it off the top of my head...and haven't got a photo on hand, tho i should have the front of mine apart for the intercooler in the next few weekends.

next happy laps is up, 15th Jan at QR with a cruise to follow. ill be there for happy laps. But then i gotta race off to the sunny coast for a Christening the same morning.

also going pretty HC on the mods to my car soon......lol........hopefully the intercooler in the next few weeks, and i got a new gearstick/handbrake boot on the way, and a new gearknob......i'm sure the car will be alot faster once its all installed :closedeyes:.

I was hoping to have the cooler in already, but im headed to stanthorpe for a few days R&R in the morning and didnt wanna risk not having it done...or something going wrong.

sounds like fun bodo mate, want any help?, going to be doing a fairly big service this weekend, plus will be installing a boost gauge and controller, so hopefully cut the stock solenoid out all together, plus a new air filter system, if anyone knows of the K&N Apollo CAI, i'm putting one of them in,

sounds like fun bodo mate, want any help?, going to be doing a fairly big service this weekend, plus will be installing a boost gauge and controller, so hopefully cut the stock solenoid out all together, plus a new air filter system, if anyone knows of the K&N Apollo CAI, i'm putting one of them in,

whatever you do don't DC the stock solenoid'd plug until you have an aftermarket ecu it is known to cause r&r issues.

Mine finally went into the RPM Garage today, it is now in the hands of Pete and Brad to work the voodoo on.

Hoping it will pull big number this time so I can stop my addiction for a bit.

whatever you do don't DC the stock solenoid'd plug until you have an aftermarket ecu it is known to cause r&r issues.

Mine finally went into the RPM Garage today, it is now in the hands of Pete and Brad to work the voodoo on.

Hoping it will pull big number this time so I can stop my addiction for a bit.

thanks for that mate, didn't know about that with the solenoid.

we got varrstoen 18x9.5 +30s with 235/45R18 tyres and they hit the front calipers without 5mm spacers, apparently +22 fit real good

the tyres hit the inner guard when the suspension travels up (touches at the top but is fine everywhere else) so you will have to remove them also