SAU Community

Outer Northside Aspley To Caboolture

RandomHero83

Back from stanthorpe....it was a beautiful 17 degrees this morning when we woke up for the drive home, then back into the humid closed terribleness that is my loungeroom of an afternoon.

standard is 16x7 with a +40 offset

mine are the 33 GTR wheels, which are 17x9 with a +30 offset.

they fit pretty darn well imo and i can fit my hand between the caliper and the spokes :whistling:. all depends on the design of the wheel itself whether it will clear the brakes or not, but anymore than 25-30 offset requires some work. head into the wheel fitment thread on this site man.....its pages and pages of randomness, but you should find your answer in there somewhere.

what wheels you looking at, link??

Back from stanthorpe....it was a beautiful 17 degrees this morning when we woke up for the drive home, then back into the humid closed terribleness that is my loungeroom of an afternoon.

standard is 16x7 with a +40 offset

mine are the 33 GTR wheels, which are 17x9 with a +30 offset.

they fit pretty darn well imo and i can fit my hand between the caliper and the spokes :whistling:. all depends on the design of the wheel itself whether it will clear the brakes or not, but anymore than 25-30 offset requires some work. head into the wheel fitment thread on this site man.....its pages and pages of randomness, but you should find your answer in there somewhere.

what wheels you looking at, link??

sounds like you had a nice little break there bodo, and thanks for the info, not really looking at particular rims, just wanting to know the off set and things like that but i was thinking something like the following http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/190622246547?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_1638wt_1002, just getting sick and tired with the rims that got put onto my car with the wrong offsets.

on another topic, did a rather long service yesterday, changed oil, oil filter, fuel filter and air filter, then found the sump was leaking (FYI when doing the sump, advise using a engine crane), so fixed that up, then got the boost system fixed by installing a boost gauge and boost tee peace, got it running at 9 PSI at the moment.

also found that the timing belt will need to be replaced some time soonish, plus while pulling off the sump, found some disturbing information, looking like the engine will be needing a rebuild, as it looks like the previous owner didn't really look after the engine to well as there is metal file-lings through out the oil, so now i will be looking around for a mechanic that will do a rebuild at a reasonable price (anyone know of some?).

just put a front pipe back exhaust on te skyline and being auto when its full throttle and changes gear it makes a weird noise like the FG xr6 turbos do

is this normal??

Does it make the wicked exhaust burble on gear change? if so yeah that is normal.

randomHero yeah its a wierd exhaust noise, kind of similar to the rev limiter noise

if you have heard an XR6T or G6E turbo change gear at full noise it sounds quite similar

glad to hear its normal:)

next up will be the dump and front pipe and an intercooler

can I just remove the vacume hoses from the boost solenoid and put a straight through connector on there or a boost tee wound all the way closed (havn't got a boost guage yet)

so it gets the full 7psi all day long??

sounds like you had a nice little break there bodo, and thanks for the info, not really looking at particular rims, just wanting to know the off set and things like that but i was thinking something like the following http://www.ebay.com....#ht_1638wt_1002, just getting sick and tired with the rims that got put onto my car with the wrong offsets.

on another topic, did a rather long service yesterday, changed oil, oil filter, fuel filter and air filter, then found the sump was leaking (FYI when doing the sump, advise using a engine crane), so fixed that up, then got the boost system fixed by installing a boost gauge and boost tee peace, got it running at 9 PSI at the moment.

also found that the timing belt will need to be replaced some time soonish, plus while pulling off the sump, found some disturbing information, looking like the engine will be needing a rebuild, as it looks like the previous owner didn't really look after the engine to well as there is metal file-lings through out the oil, so now i will be looking around for a mechanic that will do a rebuild at a reasonable price (anyone know of some?).

yeah man those wheels will fit fine, you just need to put a set of slightly tight tyres on it, mine has 235/45/17 on that size in the federal and they dont look to stretched at all.

metal filings are not a good thing to have in your sump, sucks that you had to pull the whole thing off.....mine has no leaks other than the little drip from the rocker cover at the back on the passenger side. is it having any issues with oil pressure etc? if not, just keep the oil fresh, and check it everytime. maybe even grab a magnetic sump plug so you can judge if its getting worse. or if it was just leftover crap from somewhere else.

No idea on the engine builder sry. but i'd say drive it till it dies :P

yeah i might look into the magnetic sump plug, and with those rims i would probably go 225/40/17 on the front and 235/45/17 on the rear, had another look on ebay and came across these ones http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/200670919165?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_1760wt_1002, reckon they would fit?, as for the drive it till she dies advise, i don't think that would be wise as it could mean a completely new engine instead of a rebuild as there could be a risk of blowing a piston through the block, as for the oil leak you got on your rocker cover, i had a leak there as well, but fixed that up last week, spent a fair bit of time and money this past week getting her running nicely, now looking at upping the boost to 10 maybe 12 PSI

randomHero yeah its a wierd exhaust noise, kind of similar to the rev limiter noise

if you have heard an XR6T or G6E turbo change gear at full noise it sounds quite similar

can I just remove the vacume hoses from the boost solenoid and put a straight through connector on there or a boost tee wound all the way closed (havn't got a boost guage yet)

i assume you mean so it doesnt run the low boost before 4500rpm, then up to 7psi from there on?? if so here is the thread you want. high boost solenoid fix

On this site there is a Guide under DIY on how to ground out one of the wires on the stock solenoid so it will run constant 7 psi ( if you would like to keep it completely stock looking) The also saves on playing the find that vacuum leak game.

G'day all,

Was just curious if anyone could point me to a place where I could get a new A/C Belt & the tension pulley or might have a part number on hand, just had a look at mine and its completely seized and belt snapped off prior to me buying the car.

Days like today of 40C, I wouldn't have an issue if I was still living in Perth but the humidity is a real butt kicker.

Cheers.

G'day all,

Was just curious if anyone could point me to a place where I could get a new A/C Belt & the tension pulley or might have a part number on hand, just had a look at mine and its completely seized and belt snapped off prior to me buying the car.

Days like today of 40C, I wouldn't have an issue if I was still living in Perth but the humidity is a real butt kicker.

Cheers.

Chris Rogers is the parts number god, Alternatively ring Repco they can usually source parts like that without too many issues.

im keen for more wed nights after Feb. far too much on atm.

got my leather gater and handbrake boot. fits looks and smells nice. new brake pads are in for happy laps on the weekend.....the ones i pulled out were the original Nissan items...look like they had never been touched.

got the gearknob too, but its the wrong thread size...add clearly stated 10mm, but it's loose as loose can be.......messaged the seller already, hopefully have this sorted soon, but not before happys :(

no idea on the NEO's sry Joe

xmas come late this year!

those look nice there mate, been thinking about getting a new set of boots for the gear boot and hand break, but haven't been bothered as of yet, are they eBay special for like $20 odd plus like $5 for P/H?, if so, can you let me know how they go please