SAU Community

what turbo too use?

Hey i will be in the market for an R33 gtst skyline in june and i was thinking of upgrading the standard turbo, does anyone know what turbo would suti my application of around 200rwkw maybe a little more, i have heard that 300zx turbos or turbo, im not quite sure which model are alos good, some advice would be much appreciated. Also what price would i be looking at and where could i get it from? thanks, drewe

I think you should upgrade other parts like FMIC.. good zorst system and so on before strapping on a turbo. Anyway for around 200rwkw, i would go the HKS 2535 or something similar.

you wont need to change the turbo for 200rwkw, you can if you wish, but certainly not required. the stock turbo is good for upto 220rwkw from what ive heard. just do things like exhaust, safc, boost controller, ecu change, tyres etc should get easy 200rwkw

Yup the stock turbo will get you to 200rwkw if your engine is in good condition and if you upgrade 'all' of the support systems :)

Drew, as everyone else here is saying, forget the turbo at this point. Just get the car and at least get it boosted up to 12psi or so. Then do the basics of FMIC, exhaust, filter, and someting for fuel settings.

Once you're there, then you can think about getting yourself a 2530 or highflowing your stock turbo or something. Your car wont last as long if you just strap on a bigger turbo without all the base mods!