SAU Community

Craved - Revamp

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris,,,when and if the timings right I would be more than happy to talk about buying your inlet manifold :-).

Cheers

Neil.

Next:

1. strip down all the piping and clean up the insides of all the pipes
  2. got my new 0.6 rollers for the MIG and a new gun and lead (currently setup for Alloy MIG welding) - so weld up the pipe pass throughs and finalise the front reo welds
  3. make supports for the rear of the front bar
  4. re-run vacuum hose to the boost controller from the plenum - old setup had nipples on the turbo outlet pipe
  5. make a plug for the Pcv holes in both plenum and cam cover
  6. connect up inlet pipe
  7. start it :P

Well this list is completed and the car is running again.

Just waiting on the pins for the rear calipers to hold the pads in place (custom machined pins due to the spacers inside the caliper) then off to a wheel alignment later this week.

Chris,,,when and if the timings right I would be more than happy to talk about buying your inlet manifold :-).

Cheers

Neil.

No worries Neil :)

Few updates:

one big hiccup, noticed a small amount weeping of coolant weeping from the water outlet in the plenum, so i tightened the hose clamp.............and crack!

IMG_3351.jpg

whoops

IMG_3350.jpg

Off to UAS for a replacement and had the new outlet pipe installed in about 20 mins.

In order to attract less attention from the police i have started prepping a street boot that i have shaved over the last couple of nights.

IMG_3352.jpg

IMG_3353.jpg

IMG_3354.jpg

IMG_3355.jpg

Will get this painted up and installed this week hopefully.

Well, i took the boot around to a painter....

was told that i over heated the panel and stretched it, and that it wont block flat without heat shrinking the boot (granted that it was a little hot and the boot skin does flex more than std) and that i should find a new boot and start with that.

so i went and spent $31 on some acrylic GMH black paint and a spray primer.

primed, dried, wet sanded then gave it a couple of coats of black. just wish the spray gun i had was a little more reliable and would spray a nice consistent pattern, turned out ok, flash certainly makes it look worse.

IMG_3363.jpg

IMG_3364.jpg

IMG_3365.jpg

Will block it again and give another coat later when i can get a better gun, or someone who is a better painter than me to give it a go :)

got the boot installed last night when a mate came around, its not really a one man job.

hopefully get the pins back today, so i can drive the car out and give it a wash :)

Also swapped out my Sard FPR for a nismo item, much neater install now - just a bit fiddly testing the pressure before the swap and after. Just glad my mechanic lent me his guage for a couple of hours for it.

Nismo FPR is super easy to adjust.

Still some troubleshooting to be done, my idle is a bit dicky after 55 degrees water temp, tap the throttle and it idles at 2000rpm. This can be driven out by doing a lap of the block, or by disconnecting the AAC's plug.

Might download the powerFC's map to the laptop and do a reset, then reload the map see if the idle learning procedure makes a difference.

Chris, before resetting the tune, have you put some magic Subaru Upper Cylinder Head treatment through it?

I did mine (Many years back now) by ripping it all apart and scrubbing it blah blah blah... Still had gunk in it... Did the ol' Subaru treatment to it, by spraying the subaru shitdown through the actual AAC valve (You'll need someone to hold the revs up for you as it will cough and splutter like a bitch!)

I'm thinking it might be a gummed up AAC is all...

cheers Daniel, will have to start hunting for them, also need the loom for it too .. sigh lol

hmm Matt, this is different to their in oil treatments? so like a carbie cleaner product?

subaru service centre is just at the front of my complex so might be able to get some today

gave it a run around the complex, handbrake needs adjusting and a wheel alignment big time.. few rattles in my cold side piping as its not permanant.

gave her a rinse too, might try a proper wash tomorrow

IMG_3384.jpg

IMG_3394.jpg

IMG_3398.jpg

IMG_3403.jpg

going to lower the rear 10mm, that should raise the front the 3mm i need to be legal there.

might also need to get the guards rolled before i correct out all the camber on the rear during the wheel alignment that will hopefully take place later in the week

cheers Daniel, will have to start hunting for them, also need the loom for it too .. sigh lol

hmm Matt, this is different to their in oil treatments? so like a carbie cleaner product?

subaru service centre is just at the front of my complex so might be able to get some today

Yeah it's like a carby cleaner, you spray it in while she's running, throw it down the pipe that leads to The aac valve. It'll wanna stall, you'll beer two people one to keep te revs up the other one to spray.

I think the idle is relearning as its getting better- found that the IAC under the plenum was unplugged lol so fixed that

also adjusted the handbrake so its real loose now to protect the alloy drums.

felt a clicking in the brakes, turned out it was just the master cyl stopper was a bit loose so tightened that up and the brakes feel alot firmer and more touchy than before i swapped to the brembo's

Hopefully the brake shop i use still has the bias testers so i can see what the brakes are doing as i suspect the rears are working harder than the fronts

anyone got a spare r33 gtst series 1 clutch slave cylinder? left leg is too weak for the clutch now lol - get a spare bored out to 20.54mm or similar like the nismo slaves. well if tis cheaper than the $154 i'd pay getting the nismo one shipped over from JPN