SAU Community

Craved - Revamp

Nearly 2 months on, but i finally have my speedo sender, arrived today and is installed and WORKING!!

hard to tell how much the power steering coming back has changed things, as i have different wheels, different steering wheel and HICAS removed.

atleast when i get it rego'd i'll be able to drive it around a bit and get some road tuning done.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Spent a little time on this in the last 2 months, though not enough :(

Car is rego'd and running on the road!

took the car out for a few drives and was blowing IC hoses - easy fix with welding on some beads to the new alloy piping i made

Car is running better and better everytime i take it out. Fiddled with the tune and did some logging with the datalogit - ended up adding 4 degrees of timing in the off boost area with only 3 cells reporting 15 or 16 knock in the logs - just have a loose connection in the wideband setup that stops it working every now and then. probably something i did when i was hooking the PLX SM-AFR up to the datalogit unit.

Anyway, it feels much faster than my stocker 33 for normal road driving, as any boost really does send me over the speed limit lol - think i can get to about 3psi before im speeding haha

best thing - its so quiet!!! (well except the exhaust) - no rattles, no knocks just a little scrubbing on the stock rear guards over bumps, so a quick roll of the guards should sort that out.

Cheers Dave - chop chop :P

time to finished the interior for me though

Ah well I have already finished that part of mine.

BTW more coating to be done soon on a new strut brace. Friggen C/F bonnet won't shut with teh nismo one :(

Looks good man, I need to talk to you about an idea I have with the brace anyway so no hurry.

I'm thinking of a HKS Kansai copy, but dunno how we can pull it of maintaining the nismo mounts

• 10 months later...

Cant believe how long its been already - hoping to get a bunch of stuff fitted for the cruise on the 30th - see how that goes

car needs some tunes, so a mount for the Amp needs to be fabricated asap.

Cant believe how long its been already - hoping to get a bunch of stuff fitted for the cruise on the 30th - see how that goes

car needs some tunes, so a mount for the Amp needs to be fabricated asap.

Wow! Been ages........... i wanted to make that cruise but will depend on how the car is running with the issues.................

SO much positive feedback from your handy work ;)

nothing new, i havent had time to drive it since i got it home, jsut in and out of shed a few times lol

time for fresh fuel, new fuel surge tank, amp mount and some street tyres on another set of 350z rims i bought.

• 10 months later...

its been pretty crazy after moving into my new shop and expanding the services i provide into the domestic and commercial/industrial market.

but now i've had some time to get working on my own things again.

newly coated bronze 350z rims with some federal 595's for street duties

post-5157-0-11334500-1376200389_thumb.jpg

Then in prep of getting my 26/30 finished one day i figured ill spend on a known commodity of a 6boost manifold - designed for the 26/30 but with a 25/26 flange pattern so i can get it installed on the RB25 and only have limited changes to make when the motor is built and swapped over.

upgraded from the tial 38mm wastegate to the turbosmart 50mm item, the old setup had the gate hanging right down at the chassis rail via some adapters etc, never caused any issues but wasnt as neat as id like

post-5157-0-90386700-1376200511_thumb.jpeg

post-5157-0-59561900-1376200537_thumb.jpeg

got some time to perfect the surge tank design, my original fabricated one was around 4.5L and overkill.

new one is 2L and alot tighter to the car and will weigh less and is easier to replicate if anybody would want one.

post-5157-0-77183300-1376200674_thumb.jpeg

post-5157-0-32361000-1376200698_thumb.jpeg