SAU Community

Time for NA Power, the wait is over.....

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah that was me at darlington.

rob82: my house mate actually knows the guy that owns microtecch, and has had lenghty discussions about whats going to be the best root, they have new models arriving, and other options, to make a computer work with my engine.

Well has he had the conversation about you get what you pay for in a microtech. If you only new what you could get staying with the standard ECU you'll be sadly dissapointed to have bought a microtech. Where do you live in brisy?

I remember u saying something about that ages ago. Ummm the standard ECU can be chipped or remapped, but it would almost cost as much as getting my computer made...

Depends what it is as to how much power you can extra and all the other variables. I have 234rwkw at 12pounds in my r32 with a standard GTR motor in it. My boss tuned a 400 awkw gtr on the standard computer. It had 740cc injector, Z32 AFM ect ect. Hoping to do the same with mine.

Wouldn't mind having a go at tuning the Q45 ECU. There probly wouldn't be that much to change as the injectors and AFM are standard. It would probly just be a tidy up of the maps.

I have my own reasons for going microtech and i dont wish to debate it. It was not an uneducated decision, i have played with a lot of big HP cars..

I have my own reasons for going microtech and i dont wish to debate it. It was not an uneducated decision, i have played with a lot of big HP cars..

;)

I am just amazed about your engine with that snail :) .

how is the handling of that car with V8? plus what's da net weight ratios?

have you done anything with suspension?

your car is awesom :)

hahaha, umm we estimated it to be only around 70kgs heavier, it has modified swaybar mounts, steering rack, roll centers and JIC Magic coilovers, that out of the 20 or so skylines ive been in with modified suspension mine is still the stiffest even with the extra weight.

Thats for track and street, i have a seperate set of shocks and springs for drag racing.

Im so sorry about what happened to yours Dan, ignorant little pricks... Did you ever find out who did it? Our legal system is f**ked, people who speed get harsher punishment then these little delinquents sp* that steel, harm others, destroy property...

Bring out the vigalanty groups i say, not just for law breakers but for the corrupt cops too!!

Yeah it's all progressing John, everyone is getting dealt with, luckily the police were onto it pretty quickly and made a clean sweep :D

At least I'm back in another Skyline, so it's not all that bad.

Can't wait to see your car giving hell down the quarter!

Picked up the cooler from the fabricators today, suck to have a workshop with 30 odd welders and none can do alloy... but neways piping comes this arvo...

Doing pulleys on sunday cage next week. Aiming to be done by next weekend.

Good to see its all coming along. It'll be a weapon once its all done.

Where did you get the tranny done up? How is it with the auto on the track and everything?

Have you talked to the guy over in WA with the supercharged Q45? Here's another pic his engine bay:

infiniti1.jpg

i think i spoke to the people that built that one a while ago... werent very helpful at all....

More progress on mine, all the pulleys and adapters have been made intercooler mounted and piping done, Just have to make an idler and tensioner, finish off fuel system, wait for my computer to arrive and wire it up.... its booked in on the dyno on friday afternoon.... see how it goes....

supercharger_014amll_193.jpg

supercharger_013small_177.jpg

supercharger_015small_219.jpg

supercharger_018small_183.jpg

supercharger_017small_875.jpg

supercharger_016small_301.jpg