SAU Community

Time for NA Power, the wait is over.....

haha, Thanks heaps mate ill keep that in mind.. Had yours done alot of k's??

I just got off the phone, with mike from MV Automatics.. said it shouldnt be a huge drama and told me a few other things to do to it. So should have it sorted tonight... will post some pics very shortly.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

still got paint the interior gloss black and make a center console, do the alloy floor panels, make the roll cage, and repaint the front bar..

other then that shes finished for now.

haha, Thanks heaps mate ill keep that in mind.. Had yours done alot of k's??

I just got off the phone, with mike from MV Automatics.. said it shouldnt be a huge drama and told me a few other things to do to it. So should have it sorted tonight... will post some pics very shortly.

i forget what was on the dash ... its in a washing basket full of wiring from the half cut :lol:

but it was around the 110k mark

good to see you are getting good results with the standard auto mate!!

BTW ... i stand by my comment of "you have the only decent R33 in australia" :( B)

• 4 weeks later...

Jason Appleton`s RB26powerd R33 GTS25t ran a 10.898 @131.08 on "street tyres"(nitto). So it kinda shows that he has some tuff compitition.

He probly got one of the fast 33 in aus 2

Great read...

Congrats and well done NA R33 Awsome car and great times(just need to change your nick to "SC R33" now)

HI NA R33,

Just out of interest how are you guys setting up the car on the dyno?

Reason I ask is the way we do it is set the car up to sit on top if the front roller summernats style during the power runs - hell those guys are managing to get their cars to put down over 1000kw 2wd without wheelspin.

My dyno guy has seen well over 400kw without a problem.(supercharged vt's and a gtr)

From personal experience there's nothing worse than doing dyno runs and getting wheelspin - you're just not getting the correct readout - I know the drag strip is the best dyno but it'd be really nice to see exactly what the car is making.

Cheers

Edited by gtst25

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks guys, please dont misunderstand why i built the car, it was and never will be intended to be the fastest 33 in oz, but more a really really tuff one that just makes people go WTF! which i have acheived quite well i think. And yes the car will go fast, i sold the S15 2 weeks ago so im going to rid myself of some debt and sety myself up for some more mods and research, next will be a completely custom made balancer in either 1 or 2 piece to incorporate the gilmer drive pulley for the blower, unfortunately my workshop has the machines, just not the machinests capable of performing such a task.

gtst25: Cheers mate, yeah im not liking the wheelspin, matty spry's dyno is built into the floor, and i cant say ive ever watched him tie the car down, he said next time we'll put some weight in the boot and see how it goes...

were currently deciding exactly what to do next, wether we go thicker headgaskets and more boost, or just methanol for the drags and more boost, personally id prefer to do both and hopefully get a whole heap more power for the street, not that is needs more, it fries the tyres 1st through 3rd off the throttle and its only got 4 gears, by that stage ur usually going way to fast neways... but i am an idiot and more is better.

ill take some more piccies as the interior, cage, guages and car is basically finished and post em up in the next few days.

hahaha, yeah, nah thats only cause i ran out of money, actually ordered a speedo and fuel guage from the states earlier in the week, when they arrive ill throw up a quick alloy panel with some indicator lights, hand brake warning and some other crap and it will simply be boilt the passenger seat in and throw the other harness in and get it engineered.

dont have ne but ill get the Digi vidio camera off the parents next time its out.

Photos are pretty bad, but the only interior left is the dash and door panels other then that there is nothing, full roll cage, body deadener removed back to bare metal and then a full gloss black coat of paint for all the metal bits inside, 5 point harness's (only using them as 4's ATM) Top of the line autometer tach that comes with PC software and records driveshaft RPM with burn shift light plus a shift light for each gear, autometer, boost, water temp, oil pressure, tranny temp and AF guages for each bank and my autometer speedo and fuel level should be hear next week.

Its my big tin can and i love it. Eug i reckon it sounds closer to a V8 supercar with the race pipe, either way its defening with no helmet on. Should be back terrorising the streets in a few weeks.

New Hoosier slicks arrived today so that should hopefully bring the times down a bit aswell.

• 2 weeks later...

hahaha gotta have tunes, biggest thing i use it for though is racing, after i cross the line and i can actually aort of hear it i like to know wether i won or not and by how much.

Found someone to make me a new alloy gilmor drive and adapter all as one piece, when thats done... MORE BOOST!! haha the simple answer..

ZOOM called me the other day and said they are going to do a feature on it in the next few months aswell so pretty stoked about that. Work will slow down on it now though as im going back to uni full time, ive played around enough and need to get my degree out of the way so i can get some good dollars and build it bigger and better then ever.

Next big thing, im looking at trying to source the newer larger nissan VK56DE from the states or nissan japan..... straight bolt into my car atm.... mmmmm more cubes..... lots more power!

• 2 weeks later...