SAU Community

Time for NA Power, the wait is over.....

cheers guys, sorry no extra pics,ive recently started going to uni up in toowoomba and the car is living in brissy still which is limiting my spare time. Will be completely finished and on display at mini jam in 2 weeks time will take a heap of photos then. Sorry no videos of it, dont know how to put them on the computer without a digital camera.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi there,

Just thought you might be interested in this water methanol kit I'm purchasing to run permanenty on my r33. Will be running 50/50 water methanol and hope to reap the benefits os 110+ ocane all day every day! It has an electronic controller with laptop programmable maps so should be interesting...

http://www.rx7store.net/ProductDetails.asp...gle+Deluxe+clog

Won't be installing for awhile though.

Also on the subject of dyno runs - if you get the tyres to sit on top of the front roller it won't matter how little or much weight you've got in the boot - the force of the dyno run will be pushing down on the tyres. I've had my car dynoed both ways and had wheelspin at only 340rwhp when sitting between the rollers. When sitting on top of the front roller the tyres actually ran cooler too.

Dyno dynamics have certain set ways of stting up their dynos and it's quite interesting.

Anyway - have fun

Cheers

cheers mate will certainly do some more research into that. and try some different things on the dyno.

Had a busy weekend finishing off the interior and dash, heres some pics, for the street ill be running standard seat belts and hopefully a pair of GTR seats for street use, for praticality and less of the wrong kind of attention (if thats possible).

Picture%20002s.JPG

Picture%20003s.JPG

Picture%20007s.JPG

Picture%20008s.JPG

Picture%20009s.JPG

from the two short drives from home to the work shop i had it was pretty silly, mind u it still had the race pipe on it so id say u would have been able to hear the thing from a 5k radius of it.

excellent write up, years in the making and continuosly updated, someone link the feature from ZOOM up, will further benifit the post, and give an understanding of all the mods

Mini Jam hey?? cool, i'll be there

Gonna run it there?

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks mate. good luck with the conversion. there an absolutely unreal engine, and super tough in stock form.

UPDATE: 11.56 @ 118mph temp was 27 and relative alttitude only a little under 2000 so there is still more left in it.

Did the photoshoot for zoom this week as well so look out for it in the next couple of issues, not sure what month yet.

The decision has been regrettably made to de-register the car and build a full tube frame front end with walk off fiberglass nose, 4 link rear end and tubbed. Will still keep build progress though. This will all be started after winternats ready for the next season. For the immediate future we are investigating a bigger stall convertor to get it off the line harder and switching to methanol.

damn man thats quick.

will be sad that its gona be a trailer car.. but damn the price you pay for speed :whistling:

good luck. i might have to keep an eye out for that issue in NZ if we get Zoom over here.

• 4 weeks later...

I,m going to look at a vh41de half cut today .It will be for my blue r31 wagon . Prefer the 4.1 ltr so that i can race in " E " engine size class at the salt lake ( 184 - 260 c.i. or 3000-4260 cc ) .

So maybe picking someones brain soon :rofl: , but wont be a pest .

Awesome, no worries mate will be glad to help, i cant remember the exact website but if you search for nico, stands for nissan infinity owners group, a very valuable source of information as well.

Update on Blacky while im at it:

Stocko fuel tank and all extras removed, picked up sponsorship from Mr Muffler Sumner Park, Finished of the new exhaust last weekend, 1 7/8" Primaries 4 into 1 3 1/2" out of the collectors, found the pulse length of the exhaust and cut it there. Got them all HPC coated, Solid Mounted the engine. Changed The whole fuel system, Cut the boot floor out and changed it too a flat alloy floor mounted the 12 gallon race Cell Currently still using the single bosch 044 but will be switching to twin 044's after winter nats when we switch to methanol. Upgraded all the fuel lines and modified the fuel rails to take higher flow. Added a methanol capable Aeromotive fuel reg, Whole system uses Stainless Braid with all speedflo fittings, im now broke again and saving for the next stage :P Will gets some photos towards the end of the week when im back in brissy.

Will be back on the dyno for a retune with the new exhaust and fuel system on saturday, hoping to pick up some more power with the free-er flowing exhaust. Will let u all know how it goes.

BTW selling my 32 if neone is interested or knows someone that is, i now need a tow car.

Edited by NA_R33

Thanks Cyrus

OK:

Shell be in issue 103 of Zoom so keep ur eyes out for it....

Exhaust finished, boot now has a flat floor with a big fuel cell ill try get some photos this weekend.

Dyno prooved interesting, made less power overall. about 3 to be precise, but made a little more through the mid range (that the dyno indicated) took the car for a quick lap round the block... and it is definately going way harder then it was previously so i guess we'll just wait till i take it down the track on saturday to see if its better or worse.

Things learnt though, need bigger ignition system, looking at a MSD DIS and big coils, gonna need some much bigger injectors and a second possibly 3rd pump for methanol, dyno tuner is confident that with methanol and more boost we could potentially see 200-300 more hp@wheels.... should make it go slightly faster.

UPDATE!!!

Well guys the proof is certainly there, the dyno results did not proove nething!! Slightly less peak power and marginally more mid range you would expect the car to run basically the same time, with the extra weight that was pulled out of it maybe a marginally better time. But when put into practice the old exhaust system was choking the car in the top end, not showing up on the dyno becuase the car did not run for a longer enough period of time for excess back pressure in the exhaust to build up and become a problem.

New Time 11.22 @ 123mph... Still more left in it in its current state, we can also put a little more timing on, but didnt get enough runs tonight to play with it. Basically just testing for winternats... Absolutely stoked!! In its current state i am quietly confident the a 10 Second pass is achieveable. This also means that after the nats, when we change to methanol and give it tube frame front end and fiberglass noes the car is definately going to be in the good part of the 10's without even touching the boost... Now for a Stock Engine that is absolutely amazing.. Methanol will only make it more reliable...

Ill be keeping taking loads of pics and keeping a diary of all the work as a i have done to date with car. Absolutely stoked, again the blood sweat and tears have paid off, im still buzing 3 hours later!! Absolutely stoked!!

You heading out Saturday for testing as well as Sunday for the Winter warm up???

I will be out there with GTR_Cam (now Evo_Cam) on Saturday.

Hopefully meet up for a chat

EDIT: Nice time shows the potential of this car to improve, the improvement you will get from suspension set up will result in even more improvement!!!!

Edited by Bobjones