SAU Community

Lambchop With A Renault Axis Here...

1331896084[/url]' post='6277435']

Ok I don't really understand this, so bear with me here...

I take it what you're saying Alex is the duty of the injectors has an impact on the severity of the shifts? So if the injectors are at a low duty, you get sloppy shifts?

So if I was going to stick with 98, I'd want to run standard or under 500cc injectors to keep them at 80-90% duty?

First I'm hearing of all this, so just trying to get my head around it. You're running 600-odd cc Deatschwerks, right Alex?

Hey mate. It's the base fuel schedule, not the injectors. But it's related. You want to run close to the capacity of the injector, but also with a margin of error. For example, if you have a 98 car running 1000cc but tuned to 220 kw or so, using 50% duty, then gearbox will be shit. It just won't run decent line pressure, because it does not reach the area in the table where the gearbox firms up. Now, if you run 1000cc and are on e85 and your are running big power, then you see 80% duty, a higher bfs and the car will access the good part of the table. Run a injector suitable for your power level.

I'm on 600cc, don't know what duty cycle, but I'd guess about 60% at most.

Sorry, another thing is the best way to do it would be to plug in your piggyback and with the stock injectors and boost check what base fuel schedule the cars sees at a stock k fuel multiplier. Then drop in injectors, wind up boost and try to get as close as possible to the original base fuel and retain safe tune. Note that your ecu will never change the calculated load table, don't think you could ever change it, but I don't now what effect that table has.

Edited by PN-Mad

• 1 month later...

Nice! :yes:

Does your car really run out to 6800 rpm or is there a slight calibration issue with that dyno & your car? And is your sig up to date? Is your 'tune' what the std ECU is giving you with the mods you have done, or do you have something else?

Edited by Commsman

Nice! :yes:

Does your car really run out to 6800 rpm or is there a slight calibration issue with that dyno & your car? And is your sig up to date? Is your 'tune' what the std ECU is giving you with the mods you have done, or do you have something else?

standard ecu, and yes its up to date.

i know that my ecu is different to yours because i dont have speed cut at 170km/h like everyone else so i'd assume AUTECH have played with a few things on the ECU.

as for my redline i'll have to double check that, but yes he bounced it off the limiter LOL

standard ecu, and yes its up to date.

i know that my ecu is different to yours because i dont have speed cut at 170km/h like everyone else so i'd assume AUTECH have played with a few things on the ECU.

as for my redline i'll have to double check that, but yes he bounced it off the limiter LOL

Sooo, errr; what'll she do mistah?

On a private road of course... :whistling:

as far as i have been lead to believe i didnt have an LSD but my nice 11's down the road (private road) tell me otherwise.........

also yes Leon, my engine rev's till 6800RPM.

Just tried mine, shows a single spinner in the diagram. I've used this before but never figured out this function. Thanks Dunc.

You'd better get in touch with them, to let them know they need to update your stats with a f**k off big turbo!

I punched mine in; and it doesn't specifically say that it has an LSD (which it does), but if you click on "Final Drive, Rear" it displays the exploded diagram of the Viscous LSD diff assy.

You should also get 'Spec Code: DIFF6' which, if you hover over, says 'Viscous LSD' (or at least thats what mine does)

You should also get 'Spec Code: DIFF6' which, if you hover over, says 'Viscous LSD' (or at least thats what mine does)

Only shows ETC2 in the spec code. Oh well.

Pretty easy way to tell - stick your jack under the diff, lift, and turn a wheel. The other side of my car turns the oppo way, Craigs with the LSD turns the same way.

You can do 11-sies with an open, but if you have a hint of lock on, it'll do the inside.

• 2 weeks later...

throwing some idea's together for modifing my axis front bar............

basically steal the R35 grill insert and make my own version of that to suit the axis lines and steal the audi's design of the side air vent sections and marry them all together.......... i've got a vision in my head so i know what it's gonna look like but putting it on paper is another story LOL

audi_rs6_2011_by_marko0811-d3dg6o2.jpgventross-nissan-gtr-r35-skyline-3.jpg

post-83704-0-05712300-1337855907_thumb.jpg