SAU Community

Lambchop With A Renault Axis Here...

WAGON_BOY

Nice Theo.

Glad you find it nice and smooth to drive. You'll have some fun at the drags I think. A programmable boost controller will take care of that drop off. Does the ECU have that function?

Are you still running off the AFM sensor? What Volts did you get up to?

Did you get a chance to over lay with my 3rd gear pull?

I'm curious about the AFM voltage also. Mine has peaked at 5.00v on the Informeter, so I wouldn't expect you'd go much higher than that.

No one wants to know about your 3rd gear pull Alex. :yucky:

I've seen your cars get up to 5.12v or maybe a bit higher

Can't remember whose pipe it was, but I was flogging it.

We all know I pull hard, Dale....

:P

FYP.

Was that with one of Scotty's suction pipes?

I don't think my version; being (16ish% smaller cross sectional area) will actually get there.

Edited by Daleo

farkin lol.

Ummm, I know Leons was up over 5 (5.02), as was Craigs(5.12) -both of them have intakes. Rudis was up there too(4.83), but didn't have an intake.

Another car with a highflow went 4.88v with no intake

I suspect 5.12 is the limit - I saw it maxed from 5800-6800rpm on Craigs on the nismo ECU. Obviously each sensor will have a discrepancy. I also think that each progression of the ECUs have different cut off points.

Now I'm lucky to see much over 4v... but thats with the upgraded MAF tuned in.

Nice Theo.

Glad you find it nice and smooth to drive. You'll have some fun at the drags I think. A programmable boost controller will take care of that drop off. Does the ECU have that function?

Are you still running off the AFM sensor? What Volts did you get up to?

Did you get a chance to over lay with my 3rd gear pull?

yeah still running the stock AFM, not sure of the voltage u'd have to ask.......

we did an overlay but because of the different diff ratio they where to different to match up.

i cant quiet make an accurate response on it yet but the gearbox is quiet different, like it still seems to shift quickly but it doesnt have the harshness like it used to so i dont know if its the same or slower................... my thoughts are if its softer its slower but i could be wrong. and we played with the gearbox settings on the ECU but couldn't really determine anything LOL

The timing drop between gears definitely works, it is just too late for the shift, as in it drops the timing after the gearbox has changed. It makes for a weird power drop after the shift. We zeroed it all out in the end. It is understandable when you think about it, as the Fcon has no idea what the gearbox is doing, so it must work off the revs dropping or something.

I changed to the Nulon fluid in mine, dropping the dextron III that Kewish put in there after the build. Surprising how much firmer it shifts, perhaps the Nulon is thinner filling the accumulators quicker? It positively thumps into second and third now causing all wheel chirps. :)

Less than a tenth separates the four runs! Congrats, very consistent Theo.

Did you try to vary anything to get a different (better) result? Were you able to get wheel spin at the start line or too grippy?

• 3 weeks later...

finally took the car down to pedders for a check over here's the list:

Front lower control arm & Inner bush - rear bush splitting.

Inner tie rod end - RHS has free play.

Steering rack - mounts are worn.

Front swaybar links - LHS has free play.

Rear X member mounts - both fronts are soft.

time to give Craig and Dale some work LOL

• 4 weeks later...

i'm still getting fault lights and havent been back to get it fixed, apparently he's booked out for 4 weeks in advance. dont want to blow the motor,

i'll probly come down for a little bit but yeah i wanna see some of bathurst and i have some work to do in the arvo aswell, bloody cashies LOL

also i need a fair few bushes replaced aswell after last texi still havent got round to it been way to busy!!!

If your coming down, I'll bring the lappy and sort those codes for you if you haven't read them yet.

I'll be helping out at texi, but sure I will be able to help you out.

Is that the only code? And you're not doing texi cause of it...?

Get in there mate! Rip Skids- stoopid code is stoopid! Not going to break a motor cause the tune is super safe :P

OK any of the guys running F-Con's might be able to help me out and of course Scotty...........

i might aswell quote whats been said its a it easier, but any ways Alex did a cipher log on my car and then i passed on the details to Jez and the question is as follows:

Alex: "there seems to be a problem with the ECUs AFR correction, because it is cycling to each end of the ability to % correct. To my knowledge this is usually caused by the fueling map not being accurate enough in the low range/stoich range. You can try disconnecting the O2 sensor, and see how it drives, but let Jez know, and I'm sure he'll be able to touch it up a bit. If it gets really bad, just disconnect the HKS and run the stock ecu."

Jez: "Have u spoken to Scott? He mentioned that the f con is designed for 350z and the 02 sensors cant be used accurately or something along those lines. Have a chat to him but of course we can check it on the dyno or road with my wideband"

cheers Theo.

I'm curious about the AFM voltage also. Mine has peaked at 5.00v on the Informeter, so I wouldn't expect you'd go much higher than that.

No one wants to know about your 3rd gear pull Alex. :yucky:

we done a data log and it got up to 4.8Volts could still go higher i guess didnt push it to hard.