SAU Community

Lambchop With A Renault Axis Here...

WAGON_BOY

I recently had all 4 CV boots replaced at Sydney Drive Shaft in Carlton NSW. CV joints were inspected and re-greased. They charged me $140 cash. I did the labour of removing them from the car and taking them to the workshop. They were done in just over an hour. For that kind of money I wouldn't bother changing the boots myself anymore. The only hassle I had was getting the CV shaft locknut off on the passenger side. I broke 2, half inch breaker bars [ irony ] and ended up borrowing a snap on high torque rattle .gun

I recently had all 4 CV boots replaced at Sydney Drive Shaft in Carlton NSW. CV joints were inspected and re-greased. They charged me $140 cash. I did the labour of removing them from the car and taking them to the workshop.

i've just done the same and ordered the whole front set, problem is i cant get the drivers side front inner section out/off the transfer case...... i've undone the plate with the 5 bolts but it still wont release............. ive got the shaft out but i need the inner where the boot connects too.

passengers side was easy LOL :(

i've just done the same and ordered the whole front set, problem is i cant get the drivers side front inner section out/off the transfer case...... i've undone the plate with the 5 bolts but it still wont release............. ive got the shaft out but i need the inner where the boot connects too.

passengers side was easy LOL :(

Ah, I understand what you were talking about now; that's the bearing carrier.

I found using a tyre lever with a 90 degree tip is the perfect tool for removing the drivers side CV from the diff. I found it a little easier than the wide blade screw driver with adjustable spanner on the end of it.

f69abbe908db0c09778a58544cb65579.jpg

Edited by bennyb110

thanks for all the help guys much appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

true that Alex but what do i change it too haha novice ?? LMAO

** it wont let me change the first post anyways so i cant change the title :P **

Edited by WAGON_BOY

• 3 weeks later...

The title should be changed now, or else forever be known as a newbie!

true that Alex but what do i change it too haha novice ?? LMAO

** it wont let me change the first post anyways so i cant change the title :P **

Want me to change it to "Lambchop with an AXIS here?"