SAU Community

Cold Air Feed?

• 1 month later...

Noob question. Will the airflow get restricted if the duct faces straight down rather than towards the front? Also, will rain be an issue? I saw an S15 today with a CAI fabbed into the front bar and I was wondering what's going to happen if it rains and the water gets into the duct.

Do my intake setup IF you don't have a return flow cooler. Stock airbox (hacked up air feed to fit over cooler pipe. Put a hole in the bottom/side of the airbox. Put a duct from the airbox down through unused stock intercooler hole into front bar. Attach pod to the end of it. I have my guard liner in there too so cops can't see I have it so it's "legal" lol. Best way by far to do it. An you have 2 intakes :)

hey mate have a look at www.jsai.com may be out of your price range but one of only a few decent pod shields ive seen.

The one in the pic is for a 33 gtst

lol jsai.

Did it take 18 months for it to turn up?

What's funny, and sorry to derail but I don't think anyone makes a serious Intake shroud/airbox/cai for the 32 GT-R that Doesn't either suck closed, not work, add a massive amount of weight to the front of the car etc.