SAU Community

R35 Gtr New Nurburgring Lap Time 7.24.

(OO)SKYLINE(OO)

Just came across this.... You guys won't like it lol

And what about GT-R? PCA spokesperson Paul Ellis says: "GT-R is not a rival. People who buy the Nissan do so because they want our car and can't afford it."

http://www.carpoint.com.au/reviews/2011/prestige-and-luxury/porsche/911/porsche-911-carrera-s-27736

Either way the rival between Porsche and Nissan have really mad things interesting. I doubt either companies would have bothered improving their cars so much if they weren't fighting for Nurburgring times.

Nissan seems to be moving towards 0-100 times (American influenc much?) where as Porsche is still after the Nurburgring on home soil.

Can't wait for the latest GTR to vs the latest Porsche GT2,gt3, RS, Turbo variants.

Both companies dick slinging PR contests will be out in full force lol.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"And what about GT-R? PCA spokesperson Paul Ellis says: "GT-R is not a rival. People who buy the Nissan do so because they want our car and can't afford it."

Ha Ha .....laughing-smiley-014.gif Most know it as the Performance Bargain of the Century or the New Yard-stick ..........................3some.gif

It almost sounds like Porsche has given up trying to beat Nissan and are simply going to match it in performance and let the brand name sell for them???

Atleast you can still get a traditional manual though.

But with claims of the new 911 carrera s doing the ring in 7:40 at only 294kw (which is a huge feat for just their second cheapest entry level car), I would be very surprised if the new gt2rs next year can't beat the R35's 7.24 time.

Then the 2013 R35 will have to beat that and so on and so forth.... lol

I wonder who is going to be the first to make a flux capacitor and travel back in time? lol

"which is a huge feat for just their second cheapest entry level car"

"You'll pay a minimum of $229,900 to enter the 991 ...3.8-litre Carrera S priced from $263,100, for the manual variant."

And that's a lot more to pay for a car that just does not even handle as well as the R35........and the Pedals on the R35 are sweet with

the Dual Clutch system............Forget stick shift..........tooooo slow .

PS: Porsche need to give their Mid Engine Cayman BALLS and drop the Rear Engine design 911's.....................

hahaha hissy fit fail

here's my comment to paul ellis

997 GT2 distance travelled since GTR purchase - 52kms

i really like the driving experience of the cayman. I was shopping a cayman s when i bought my M3 but this was before they up'd the power and offered the optional LSD. I loved the wrap around snug cockpit (which is what i loved most about my 350Z) and the mechanical noise of the engine and box behind me, but ultimately it lacked outright power

porsche tried to ditch the 911 in the 928 and 944 and the enthusiasts said no. they even tried to modernise the cockpit/dash layout in the 996 and the enthusiasts said no.

Just came across this.... You guys won't like it lol

And what about GT-R? PCA spokesperson Paul Ellis says: "GT-R is not a rival. People who buy the Nissan do so because they want our car and can't afford it."

http://www.carpoint.com.au/reviews/2011/prestige-and-luxury/porsche/911/porsche-911-carrera-s-27736

:laugh:

That's a laughable excuse, but Haters gonna hate.

But you can understand when a car is $100K cheaper and still wins.

> People who buy the Nissan do so because they want our car and can't afford it

There is definitely an element of truth there.

But it does demonstrate typical Porsche arrogance.

Unfortunately a 911 in this country (which competes at the same level in terms of lap time with the GTR) is going to cost somewhere between $300k to $500k. If i was insanely loaded i MIGHT buy one.. As it stands i was stretching just to buy the GTR. I HAD to have the GTR because a) It smashed the 911T at the time, a $400k car in AU, and b) i could stretch to buy it.. just. I would never spend $150~$200k on a DD.

Anyway I wonder how many 911T buyers would stretch to a Veyron is they "only" cost $600k? I bet a few. So are 911 owners only buying 911's because they want a Veyron? Silly argument really, bit of a smoke screen to cover inadequacies whilst putting down people in a market that may one day buy their product. Dumb.

" i really like the driving experience of the cayman. I was shopping a cayman s when i bought my M3 but this was before they up'd the power and offered the optional LSD. I loved the wrap around snug cockpit (which is what i loved most about my 350Z) and the mechanical noise of the engine and box behind me, but ultimately it lacked outright power "

+1 Sold my Cayman S......also loved the seating posi and build quality but still not as good a handling car as my R35

and that's with half the ponies of my R35............

here is one of many GTR Domination Videos.......(old but good)

http://www.wimp.com/dragrace/

and

just endless Domination.......

Edited by Godcla

> People who buy the Nissan do so because they want our car and can't afford it

There is definitely an element of truth there.

I don't know, maybe its jus the inner fanboy coming out, but i honestly think most people buy a GTR because they actually prefer the car.

I mean with the money that is already thrown into a fair few GTR's out there, most of you guys could have bought a 911, and a boxter for the wifey as well. So i don't think its not being able to afford a prosche thats the motivation.

You could also argue that most people buy a porsche cause they can't afford a 458, or Murci, or Zonda etc.

I do agree there is truth, for all but the few, there are always cars we cannot afford, same reason I just bought an A70 supra instead of a TRD 3000GT.

As much as I am not a fan of the R35 as a whole, for the price range it is in, It is the top of the performance tree, The fact that it is just a quick as a 911T is meaningless to most (unless you work at Nissan or PCA apparently) Because they aren't in the market for a 911T. Personally i would buy a GT3, but I like my cars raw and lacking driver (band)aids.

I could spend $5k on my Supra and it too would run 10's but people looking to spend ~$200 large aren't running out and buying JZA70's and slapping GT35R turbos on them

Heaps of people would be buying the R35 for the value aspect above all else.

I still don't get the "value" aspect though, who cares about price difference, If a Porsche makes you happy then get it, if an R35 makes you happy then get that, if a falcadore makes you happy then get that. Just because something is value for one person doesn't mean it is value for another. Everyone has different levels of what they consider something to be expensive... I just don't understand the single minded view of people from both the R35 or the Porsche camp. You are both wrong Veyron Supersport FTW lol.

Any REAL car enthusiast can accept a good car purely because it is a good car, a car enthusiast doesn't blindly diss all other cars just because of a price tag. If you are set on value for money, get a crutch rocket.

When you buy cars over $200k you arn't buying for "value", you are buying for other reasons depending on the person. Some buy for looks, some buy for brand, some buy to be seen, some buy for heritage and history, some buy for performance, some buy to race, some buy for weekend, some buy for investments, some buy to rent out on weekends, some buy purely for the engine noise....

When will Nissan put a V8 or bigger in their cars, f*k the environment and 50:50 distribution, I want noise and smoke.My inner bogan is comming out lol

When you buy cars over $200k you arn't buying for "value", you are buying for other reasons depending on the person. Some buy for looks, some buy for brand, some buy to be seen, some buy for heritage and history, some buy for performance, some buy to race, some buy for weekend, some buy for investments, some buy to rent out on weekends, some buy purely for the engine noise....

Yep - agree 100%. I often get asked the question "If you could have any car in the world what would it be?" and I always have to first ask "What's it for?"

Because the answer is significantly different depending on the purpose. A Sunday cruiser, daily driver or tarmac rally car would have 3 very different answers.

" I still don't get the "value" aspect though, who cares about price difference "

Certainly on the top of my list when I go shopping for anything...............but I know what ya saying.....BUT in the real world ..............blink.gif

I suspect part of the make up of GTR owners vs Porsche owners is the modifying aspect. Nissans have always been one of the more tunable cars around. And the GTR enjoys the sort of aftermarket support not seen by Porsche owners. Sure there are plenty of parts adn tuners of Porkas, but 15K exhaust systems etc etc normally see most Porsches 95% std. Ditto Ferraris etc.

But buy a Nissan and you can go to work on them as though a blank canvas.

Still, from what I can tell the GTR needs to get back out and get a laptime at the Ring as its slower then the Viper, ZR1, LFA, GT2 etc. Price or not, if you are going to claim its faster then seems thats the yardstick these days