SAU Community

Rb26 Cam Timing Adjustment To Reduce Lag

Hang on... you wanna spend $500 on a cooler with a setup worth over 15k? :ermm:

alarm bells dude!

Unless the cores have been tested and proven (pressure drop vs flow), I'd be very wary about handing over cash as you could well find yourself in the same situation as you are now.

Not saying a $500 option can't work as I know for a fact of a few workshops here in Melb using China cores, that are super cheap and making over 400rwkw from them. (not talking skylines here).

But what i am saying - is get it tested and checked, don't just go for the most cost effective.

Ensure you go in armed with all the information as your setup really does demand better than average or you'll only ever get below average results. That's unfortunately how these things work.

Hang on... you wanna spend $500 on a cooler with a setup worth over 15k? :ermm:

alarm bells dude!

Unless the cores have been tested and proven (pressure drop vs flow), I'd be very wary about handing over cash as you could well find yourself in the same situation as you are now.

Not saying a $500 option can't work as I know for a fact of a few workshops here in Melb using China cores, that are super cheap and making over 400rwkw from them. (not talking skylines here).

But what i am saying - is get it tested and checked, don't just go for the most cost effective.

Ensure you go in armed with all the information as your setup really does demand better than average or you'll only ever get below average results. That's unfortunately how these things work.

Yeah fair play mate, i will look into it a little more, kinda at the end of the budget at the moment,

What brand/type of IC would you recommend??

I

2.5" exhaust?

There lies in the problem, as in of course spool time is out the window

Clean the GTR stock cooler (proven 350-400rwkw potential), 4" off the dump, you'll gain shiteloads.

As for what cooler if you replace - jap proven for sure in this instance as Ash posted. HKS, Trust, ARC etc

Personally Id use stock for now and just fix that exhaust issue up, 4" all the way and you'll be happy Im sure.

Im new to GTR's and RB26's and ive followed some of your posts and know you know your shi't so i'll go and check the cam timing, i was quiet dissapointed with the power output myself as I have spent quiet a bit on a combo that i thought would make alot more HP. Im sure its not just in the tune and I agreee that in must have a problem somewhere hence asking on SAU.

Cheers for your input, get back to you soon!:thumbsup:

good to see one of the VL boys come over to the twin cam world.

Chris, check that there hasn't been a rag left in the cooler pipe from the last owner's effort and get the exhaust sorted. If you are going Jap brand name core the Trust items from what ive been told are the most efficient at scrubbing temp and also flow better than most and im pretty sure Blitz use the same cores as Trust but obviously use their own end tanks. Plazmaman cores seem to be getting good press too if looking to source a local product

good luck with it.

Edited by Supa Steve