SAU Community

R30 Skyline Front Left Control Arm

hey guys i am after a front left hand side lower control arm for a 1982 mr30

i am also new to this site so hello everybody and im not sure if i have posted this in the correct thread....

sorry for any inconvenience.

@ Socrates

thanks for the reply but i have no idea if the c210 would fit but id suggest no as i dont think even the r31 arms fit...

@ ghostrider

yes mate im in sydney and i am willing to pick up today....

how much are u asking for it?

my number is 0410962338 contact me today if possible and ill organise to pick up... sorry if i seem pushy just my car is off the road until i get the arm and its my daily

cheers buddy

- George

I cant see any use in putting in a second hand item at all. Its still going to be clapped outsometime soon. Its a common wear and tear item.

You CAN get new ball joints pressed in, just need to find a competent fitter. Most pedders type places may have a good operator who can do it. DONT give em the job it they are a dodgey looking place, or if they get some 17year old paint sniffer to do it for them....

The new ones for $75 each arent too bad either. Would look into this for sure. Maybe get it done by a workshop so if the part fails or breaks soon, they will replace or fix it under warranty.....

• 2 weeks later...

I cant see any use in putting in a second hand item at all. Its still going to be clapped outsometime soon. Its a common wear and tear item.

You CAN get new ball joints pressed in, just need to find a competent fitter. Most pedders type places may have a good operator who can do it. DONT give em the job it they are a dodgey looking place, or if they get some 17year old paint sniffer to do it for them....

The new ones for $75 each arent too bad either. Would look into this for sure. Maybe get it done by a workshop so if the part fails or breaks soon, they will replace or fix it under warranty.....

The arm was bent when he hit a gutter + caster bar was cracked and please tell me why a 2nd hand arm is no good when it's done less than 100K and for free?

Also, have never seen a successful replacement outer ball joint in any R30!

he's right, Many years ago we did a replacement ball joint job on one of my arms, It failed 20k later, this isnt 20,000k a real only 20km down the road. Did some pretty big damage also.

Dont do it. It isn't worth it. The price of a arm these days are pretty good. Even better if your getting one for free

Edited by stagefumer11

yeah i recieved the one off ghostrider for free and so far it has been great havent had any problems....

the car is my daily and im a uni student so although its cheap, free is alot more cheaper and does the job great....