SAU Community

2009 Gtr Launch Control Issue

fireboy

Hi forum,

For the pass few months, I've been talking to Gold Coast Nissan's GTR Sales Manager, regarding to the problem with 2009 GTR's Launch Control Problem.

As many of us know, people in the States have got upgrades from LC1 system to LC2. Source: http://www.2009gtr.c...-over-gt-r.html

Each time I call the Nissan Dealer in GC, all he said was "no, we still can't do Launch Start".

Personally, i think that having the Launch Start system and not being able to use it is just sad.

Does anyone in Australia actually got an upgrade for the 2009 series car? Or if anyone got any info whether we might or might not get an upgrade?

Thanks for reading.

ps: I know there have been a couple of these post flying around in the forum, but none have been updated.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Martin Donnon

So your saying, all Australian 2009 models uses LC2?

@LSX-438

I haven't had a chance to test the Launch Control system.

Ever since I've read about the warranty issue and the problem with the gear box, I never dared to give it a try.

Also because the GC GTR Sales Rep said that we aren't allow to use it, I've never even used it once...

If Aus 2009 are using LC2, how does the warranty work?

Thanks for reading again thumbsup.gif

Perhaps ask the dealer rep what exactly he's saying you are not allowed to do.

Ask him to be specific

Would love to hear the answer.

Will give them a call tomorrow.

But from what he said previously, He just said, "we can't use it".

Also, do you know if we are using LC1 or LC2?

And is it possible to use Launch Start when VDC is on? or if VDC is in R mode?

2009 build the LC is in VDC-OFF = LC1

2010 build the LC is in VDC-R mode = LC2

video is a whole lotta politician type back pedalling, but basically after everyone was grenading box's in 2009 with VDC Off LC at 5000rpm, Nissan for 2010 offered a 3500rpm "soft" LC with VDC-R . For 2011, LC is still in VDC-R but theyve increased the rev limit to ~4800rpm

Edited by domino_z

OK

I have a 2010 model.

So as I understand it, I put it into VDC-R mode, hold the brake with left foot, floor the accelerator with my right foot and simply release the brake to launch, and it should launch in the LC2 soft mode at 3,500RPM.

The dealer (Gold Coast) did say when I bought the car, it was good for a 3.3 Sec time!

Also, because I am still using the VDC system, my warranty is protected (or so they say?).

Have I got it right????

Thanks!

Domino i am pretty sure i could launch with VDC on, are you saying 2009 couldn't? I can't remember, i've since had my box go through the clutch relearn feature where i think they put a jap spec launch mode in, but not sure. I have some videos around somewhere.

Edited by LSX-438

@Martin:

Thanks for the info, but i think LSX have had his box tunned where he stated on the bottom post.

@LSX-438:

So what you're saying is your LC2 system is relearn not by nissan?

@Martin:

Thanks for the info, but i think LSX have had his box tunned where he stated on the bottom post.

@LSX-438:

So what you're saying is your LC2 system is relearn not by nissan?

No, my box will now happily go above 4000rpm, but in the video (that Martin posted) it was only about 3000rpm.

Quite tame really.

To answer your other question, there are some workshops around with the consult product which can recalibrate your clutch relearn (which i am sure your dealer should be able to do).

OK

I have a 2010 model.

So as I understand it, I put it into VDC-R mode, hold the brake with left foot, floor the accelerator with my right foot and simply release the brake to launch, and it should launch in the LC2 soft mode at 3,500RPM.

The dealer (Gold Coast) did say when I bought the car, it was good for a 3.3 Sec time!

Also, because I am still using the VDC system, my warranty is protected (or so they say?).

Have I got it right????

Thanks!

Spot on. Makes no difference in launch RPM whether VDC is on or off in the LC2 cars. (All ADMs). Only diff is that you have no warranty if you do it with VDC off. Go figure.

In regards to the 3.3 second time that would be 0-60MPH not 100 kph and I've only ever seen that number in Nissan's own videos. As far as an ADM doing 0-100 in 3.3 tell your dealer he's dreaming!

Edited by fungoolie

Thanks fungoolie and LSX-438. I think my main question have been answered.

To sum up, if I have it correctly:

Australian model GTR (2009) comes in with LC2 and is able to do Launch Start with VDC on.

i have yet to see an 09 build ADM do LC with VDC-R, but who knows, maybe its a software update the dealers can/are doing

put everything in R warranty mode and see what happens

the reprogramming of the LC to be used in VDC-R was done for 2010 build onwards out of the factory, and borne chiefly out of the all blown gearbox issues Nissan were having in 2008 and 2009 cars.

in R mode you can feel its not that harsh on the drivetrain. You dont get the axle tramp like alot of youtube VDC-Off vids. You can almost feel the traction being constantly regulated back n forth. For 2011 theyve taken all that programming one step further with an even quicker VDC-R LC sequence and higher rpm

Edited by domino_z

i have yet to see an 09 build ADM do LC with VDC-R, but who knows, maybe its a software update the dealers can/are doing

put everything in R warranty mode and see what happens

the reprogramming of the LC to be used in VDC-R was done for 2010 build onwards out of the factory, and borne chiefly out of the all blown gearbox issues Nissan were having in 2008 and 2009 cars.

in R mode you can feel its not that harsh on the drivetrain. You dont get the axle tramp like alot of youtube VDC-Off vids. You can almost feel the traction being constantly regulated back n forth. For 2011 theyve taken all that programming one step further with an even quicker VDC-R LC sequence and higher rpm

feels like we (09 model owners) are lab rats...i'm just saying.

Thanks for the info again domino. you and the other really helped me out :D

admittedly i held off buying the GTR when it was released in 2009 because of all the tech everyone else got that we didnt - nav, bluetooth, higher res screen etc

i still wouldnt mind some small things ive taken for granted in my euro, like auto dimming mirror, reverse sensors, auto door locks, bi-xenons, auto dipping side mirror when in reverse, etc

ill do a vid for you guys this week on how to set up the LC incar