SAU Community

2009 Gtr Launch Control Issue

fireboy

Ok so what is with the 0.5sec-1sec delay when accelarating hard from stopped. That shits me to tears. Are you saying that with a Launch Control start you dont have that crappy dead spot?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

B i rekon it's quicker if you apply power smoothly off the line rather then just carpet it

But yes with LC there is no dead zone below 2000rpm, as you're starting effectively with ~3500rpm

Edited by domino_z

having tried the various LC modes I still think the original JDM spec launch was the best (certainly the most entertaining). I know they keep sprouting that LC2 was better but I think that was just to placate pissed off owners who had their LC taken away. it as piss easy to use (RROff), then just foot on brake (doesn't have to be super hard either) and then just push the accelerator to the floor (no need to stomp on it, or pump it or anything stupid like that). revs would hold nicely at around 4,800rpm and when you were ready you simply lifted off the brake which acted like a "go" switch. all you needed to do was be ready with the right paddle as 1st gear limiter comes up bloody fast! there was a bit of wheelspin which was probably a good thing for the driveline but the thing just rocketed off the line. I saw something like 1.2 accel g doing launches that way. and plenty of smiles too. :)

Spot on. Makes no difference in launch RPM whether VDC is on or off in the LC2 cars. (All ADMs). Only diff is that you have no warranty if you do it with VDC off. Go figure.

In regards to the 3.3 second time that would be 0-60MPH not 100 kph and I've only ever seen that number in Nissan's own videos. As far as an ADM doing 0-100 in 3.3 tell your dealer he's dreaming!

OK

The attached video has Mizuno showing a 3.3 on the whiteboard for the 2010 model using the LC2????

Also, I am midway enhancing my car and wondered what I could expect from the following;

Got full Willal Racing Ti cat back system

about to install dump pipes, AAM competition air intake system and new Cobb Access Port with both engine and transmission tune.

Does the Cobb system change the LC and what have other GTR owners experienced with the above mods?

having tried the various LC modes I still think the original JDM spec launch was the best (certainly the most entertaining). I know they keep sprouting that LC2 was better but I think that was just to placate pissed off owners who had their LC taken away. it as piss easy to use (RROff), then just foot on brake (doesn't have to be super hard either) and then just push the accelerator to the floor (no need to stomp on it, or pump it or anything stupid like that). revs would hold nicely at around 4,800rpm and when you were ready you simply lifted off the brake which acted like a "go" switch. all you needed to do was be ready with the right paddle as 1st gear limiter comes up bloody fast! there was a bit of wheelspin which was probably a good thing for the driveline but the thing just rocketed off the line. I saw something like 1.2 accel g doing launches that way. and plenty of smiles too. :)

agreed LC1 was the real deal

however it also netted countless grenade'd boxes

the LC2 'soft' launch isnt as aggressive and (arguably) a tenth or 2 slower, but it is less taxing on the drivetrain and technically still covered under warranty

yeah, agree it was not kind. on most roads it was ok as you got a bit of wheel spin which reduced that shock load, but I think with some cars suffering axel tramp (i personally never did) and some cars on grippier surfaces would have been those that suffered box damage. those 2 problems really come down to surface though I guess and it's impossible to have something that suits all conditions. I do miss it a bit, it was great fun on the road and looked and sounded pretty dramatic. :)

I had LC2 on my 09 R35. But it was wierd. Left foot on the brake and floor the throttle, it would only go up to 2500rpm. You needed to quickly let the throttle go and stomp back down to get it up to 3000rpm. Certainly never got times near 3.3 or the claimed 3.5 here in Queensland.

So all the numbers quoted has me confused. As I remember it, LC1 could only get up to 2000rpm with VDC on, but 4500rpm with VDC off, but it shreds gear boxes and voided the warranty.

I was never able to get 3500rpm with my LC2.

The series III is supposed to launch from 4000rpm as I recall, where did the figure of 4800 come from? Anyway, i'll be able to tell first hand after another 1500km's and i finish the run in period.

LC1 was 4,800 if my memory serves me (I have some vids somewhere of me doing it, I'll check). and yes it was with VDC off with trans and suspension in R. it was a pretty good balance between wheel spin and traction on every surface that I tried it on. wheels would turn maybe a couple of revolutions then it was 1st gear limiter in a hearbeat, grab second and off it goes again. I would say mid 3 second 0-100 times were easily do-able with LC1. hopefully now that's back with LC3. and I didn't have any gearbox problems. Fuel use and tyre wear was pretty fierce though!! :)

the bog came later when you had digested that ubiquitous cold potato salad

Brekky was nice but the lunch was just sandwiches and wraps.... Thanks god it was all hygenically prepared...You wouldnt want to use the PI bogs.....

Got some interesting news!

Did the Philip Island track day, got to speak to Mizuno San about the LC2 in my 2010 and he confirmed that If I launch it in the VDC-R mode ON, it will launch at just over 3,000 RPM and is covered under warranty.

Got back today, took the car for a drive and for the first time ever I launched it exactly as Mizuno San said. It works a treat!!!!

Not that I would ever use it again?

But, just in case I now know it works and I am covered!

Got some interesting news!

Did the Philip Island track day, got to speak to Mizuno San about the LC2 in my 2010 and he confirmed that If I launch it in the VDC-R mode ON, it will launch at just over 3,000 RPM and is covered under warranty.

Got back today, took the car for a drive and for the first time ever I launched it exactly as Mizuno San said. It works a treat!!!!

Not that I would ever use it again?

But, just in case I now know it works and I am covered!

that is great news!!

I'll give my gtr a try later....

that is great news!!

I'll give my gtr a try later....

Just make sure that you slap your foot hard and quick down on the go pedal after you left foot brake, any slowness in the move will stop it going into LC2 mode.

Also, I did it in Manual mode.

Have fun?

Just make sure that you slap your foot hard and quick down on the go pedal after you left foot brake, any slowness in the move will stop it going into LC2 mode.

Also, I did it in Manual mode.

Have fun?

gave it a try last night with 3 R on.

It didn't got pass 2500 rpm and was climbing up slowly...

guess i failed...

The car did dash out after 0.5 sec later when i release my brake padel...

gave it a try last night with 3 R on.

It didn't got pass 2500 rpm and was climbing up slowly...

guess i failed...

The car did dash out after 0.5 sec later when i release my brake padel...

Mmmmmm?

Are you sure your car has LC2?

Maybe check with the dealer.

Mmmmmm?

Are you sure your car has LC2?

Maybe check with the dealer.

On page 1, Martin mention it's LC2.

But I'll give the guys at Nissan GC a call.

Edited by fireboy

On page 1, Martin mention it's LC2.

But I'll give the guys at Nissan GC a call.

In spite of what Martin said, Mizuno-san told me the LC2 launch in VDC-R was only made available in the 2010 model.

Could there be two versions of LC2, the latter being in the 2010?

Good luck!

Try releasing the throttle quickly and stamping it back down. Should get you to 3000+ rpm. Let go for only a fraction of a second, as short a time as your foot can manage.

There's no GTR that doesn't have launch control. Just that LC1 voids your warranty, and they're only available on grey imports. LC2 can definitely be done with all Australian standard GTR's. And they are MY10's, that's just the designation not actual production year.