SAU Community

2009 Gtr Launch Control Issue

fireboy

Try releasing the throttle quickly and stamping it back down. Should get you to 3000+ rpm. Let go for only a fraction of a second, as short a time as your foot can manage.

There's no GTR that doesn't have launch control. Just that LC1 voids your warranty, and they're only available on grey imports. LC2 can definitely be done with all Australian standard GTR's. And they are MY10's, that's just the designation not actual production year.

For what it's worth, just out of interest I tried my LC2 again for the first time in 30,000 kms. (Last time was when the car was under 10K and now it's done over 40K). When it was new I had to try all the tricks to get it to 3000 rpm such as stomping the pedal twice etc. Even when it got to 3000 RPM the best I could manage was a 3.76 0-100 kph. Today with the trans shifting itself and the switches set in Normal, Comfort and R I did a Racechrono 5 Hz GPS logged run. 3/4 full fuel tank. 50% brake pressure, stomp on the throttle and it shot up to 3200 before I released the brake. To be honest I think it was still climbing so perhaps it could have gone a tad higher. After I released the brake there was no lag or dead spot as previous and it literally shot off the line. I knew even before the time flashed up that it was going to be good. I recorded a 3.44 0-100 and a 3.24 0-60MPH. 60 foot was around 1.8 seconds. (I didn't bring the phone that I used into the office so don't remember exactly). It was 12 degrees outside. Bit annoyed i didn't keep going for the quarter mile and also set the trans into R mode as well now. I suspect the launch had a lot to do with it as my 60 foot was way better than the previous but now I also have got lighter lower profile tyres on it. Hankook Ventus V12s. 285/30/20 and 255/35/20s which are significantly lighter than the run flats reducing my rotational inertia and also around 4% lower geared.

Edited by fungoolie

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i cant LC off the line with my 21" Yoki Advans (255/35 and 295/30) as quick as with the oem runflats

the lighter wheels + tyres and lack of grip gives me wheel spin right through first on most surfaces

and from a comparison with an oem tyred car (with cobb tune), it's no quicker than a non-LC foot stomp launch - that split second of dead pedal is compensated by my wheel spin

tbh after that comparo i dont feel the need to use LC anymore. But i do feel more confident that if i do have the urge at a traffic light gp, id rather spin all that energy away through the wheels than have it go through the diffs/box

Edited by domino_z

i cant LC off the line with my 21" Yoki Advans (255/35 and 295/30) as quick as with the oem runflats

the lighter wheels + tyres and lack of grip gives me wheel spin right through first on most surfaces

and from a comparison with an oem tyred car (with cobb tune), it's no quicker than a non-LC foot stomp launch - that split second of dead pedal is compensated by my wheel spin

tbh after that comparo i dont feel the need to use LC anymore. But i do feel more confident that if i do have the urge at a traffic light gp, id rather spin all that energy away through the wheels than have it go through the diffs/box

There was not even a hint of wheelspin with mine. Not even a chirp. Just hooked up and went. Try it on comfort mode. On a cold road the extra weight transfer may reduce some of the rear wheel spin and avoid having the diff do all that power shuffling which I'm sure would slow things down.

Edited by fungoolie

thought you can only use LC @ ~3200rpm with everything in R mode......

think i need to bed/scuff the new tyres in, it's a slow process when my work round trip is only 6km

need a good country drive

Edited by domino_z

thought you can only use LC @ ~3200rpm with everything in R mode......

think i need to bed/scuff the new tyres in, it's a slow process when my work round trip is only 6km

Not at all. Works in all sorts of combinations. Never tried with VDC off though for obvious reasons. In fact Steve Pizzati mentioned that the new model even launches better in comfort mode when traction is limited.

can't agree more.

The roads around queensland is just getting worst....

The road towards natural bridge use to be great but now, its just a nightmare...

Edited by fireboy

im in Vic, we do have some great roads that aren't too far out of the cbd

what ive always wanted to do is run the full length of the great alpine road - will require an overnighter along the way

it's the chip stone that i hate the most.

I mean, driving along the road and the next thing u hear are stones hitting the bottom of your car...

that just make me feel alot of pain...pinch.gif

it's the chip stone that i hate the most.

I mean, driving along the road and the next thing u hear are stones hitting the bottom of your car...

that just make me feel alot of pain...pinch.gif

i clear bra'd my skirts after repainting, but yep the GTR is prone to stone chips along the lower rear 1/4 panel in front of the rear wheel

the problem is the oem tyres are far too sticky and pick up every bit of debris on the road, and then as soon as the front wheels come off centre it flicks stones all along the side panels, but you cant let that stop you going for a quick blast in the hills

since changing tyres i havent yet got any stones kicking up along the lower panels, i cant even hear stones getting flicked up in the rear guards

when we go on our local cruises, i just make sure i keep a fair distance from the car in front. And i havent got one single chip on my front since May '10

Edited by domino_z

but you cant let that stop you going for a quick blast in the hills

beside highway crusing, i haven't been to any hills for a long time pinch.gif

btw, what wheels are u using? I just got new dunlops from Nissan (done 2k on them) and they still pick up everything...sad.gif

and yes the front of the car is just horrible... I'll defiantly get those bra after repainting them.

After all this talk of the '09 having launch control that can be used with VDC on I decided to give it a go tonight. I used the smash the pedal trick and can confirm that it does work, I got to 4000 rpm. I didn't let go as the road was wet but I shudder to think of how ballistic it would be taking off at that rpm.

After all this talk of the '09 having launch control that can be used with VDC on I decided to give it a go tonight. I used the smash the pedal trick and can confirm that it does work, I got to 4000 rpm. I didn't let go as the road was wet but I shudder to think of how ballistic it would be taking off at that rpm.

was it a series one or series two (not sure if 09 comes in series two or not).

i'll give it a try tomorrow and will follow up an update after that.

In spite of what Martin said, Mizuno-san told me the LC2 launch in VDC-R was only made available in the 2010 model.

Mizuno maybe misunderstood you....as what he has told you is incorrect - as proven here by fungoolie etc.

The ADM GTR has what the Nissan software creators term JF09E launch control logic. That is in both ADM2009 and ADM2010 models. This means that Launch Control 3200rpm is readily available with RRR on or off. Double pump the throttle etc and you can trick it to 4000rpm. Install the Cobb AP-NIS006 upgrade and you have 3800rpm VDC on or off at your disposal.

If you are not getting Launch Control active in your MY09 GTR then you are not doing it right - and it can be a little tricky and inconsistent :closedeyes:

btw, what wheels are u using? I just got new dunlops from Nissan (done 2k on them) and they still pick up everything...sad.gif

you mean tyres? i have yokohama advan sport. Not sure the exact model number, but i believe Yokohama only offer one specific model in my 21" sizes

re the LC debacle, what makes it confusing is all the US speak that their 2010 introduced LC2. Technically their 2010 is our (and the rest of the world's) 2009. Apparently they're already buying 2012 build cars :rolleyes:

Edited by domino_z

re the LC debacle, what makes it confusing is all the US speak that their 2010 introduced LC2. Technically their 2010 is our (and the rest of the world's) 2009. Apparently they're already buying 2012 build cars :rolleyes:

Your right, the build dates they talk about does make it confusing as they are always a year in advance.

Your right, the build dates they talk about does make it confusing as they are always a year in advance.

this clears everything up... so that just means i must have done something wrong.

I'll give it a try later tonight :D