SAU Community

Fuel Pump Issues

skyman

Hi Guys

Im getting an intermittent signal to my fuel pumps positive wire it just goes on and off when ever it feels like it??

I have checked the relay, fuse and changed fuel pumps all with no effect.

I have tried re earthing the pumps negative which had no effect.

Does the ecu give the the signal to the fuel pump? could the ecu be damaged? how do you check it?

and if so what pin out is it? I am using a PFC and the car is an 94 r33 gtst.

Any help would be great...

Run a new power cable to near the fuel pump. Connect a relay(with fuse) up with constant power to both power ins. Then use the ecu negative trigger to activate the relay. Ground Ur earth wire from the pump to the body. Then just use the power out from the relay to the fuel pump positive.

Run a new power cable to near the fuel pump. Connect a relay(with fuse) up with constant power to both power ins. Then use the ecu negative trigger to activate the relay. Ground Ur earth wire from the pump to the body. Then just use the power out from the relay to the fuel pump positive.

Do you know which pin out the trigger is? I will try this on the weekend, this will run full volts to the pump though won't it?

I'd still like to find the original problem any ideas on how to start?

this will run the battery voltage at the pump which is the best way to have if and a very common cheap upgrade to get better fuel flow to the fuel rail.

this is still controlled by the ecu to it is very safe, if the engine stops so does the fuel pump so if you roll the car it won't keep pumping fuel.

unsure of which terminal, google for your car and ecu type for the pinout