SAU Community

Where To Get Motors?

johnnnnnyboi

Hi was just wondering i search the web and in classical cars and project cars ppl always says they have 253's and 285's, cleveland boxer, fireball etc all these v8's that seem to just 'bolt in' to engine bays and what not, i was wondering where you aquire these sorts of engines as im thinking of starting a restoration project, cheers

so what i was asking was where i can get them from? Yeh i know im askin about v8's, i still got my skyline love em, but for a project car id rather put a v8 in change it up a bit, so importers would sell half cuts, and i can just take the motor out of these, would seem the most optimum way? where are some ideal places that would sell these half cuts?

Definately asking on wrong forum, but I know there's a mob on Welshpool Road that import crate motors.

Some kind of performance shop, always got muscle cars parked out front, in the same building as a lunch bar.

152 - 154 Welshpool Road, from memory.

try alot of the v8 performance shops. i know active automotive might be able to help or even just go to wreckers like tony auto wreckers i know he has a heap of v8 but they are all current v8s out of hsvs etc