SAU Community

Forza 4

Astonish

GT5 is a real driving sim.

Forza 4 is a driving sim for everybody.

Forza is too arcade like for me. Physics in GT5 are better, if you cant drift in GT5 then you dont practise enough. I can tsuiso basically every track. Feels like the car is on ice in F4 compared to GT5.

Forza 4 graphics and sound quality are awesome, GT5 have alot of catching up to do sound wise.

Having played both back to back this morning I like driving GT5 more.

This

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so whos starting the bring it to PC petition? looks and sounds sweet, not so sure on that road surface tho...looks a bit weird.

funny that a game that comes out a year later than GT would look better aye??:whistling:

GT5 is a real driving sim.

Forza 4 is a driving sim for everybody.

Forza is too arcade like for me. Physics in GT5 are better, if you cant drift in GT5 then you dont practise enough. I can tsuiso basically every track. Feels like the car is on ice in F4 compared to GT5.

Forza 4 graphics and sound quality are awesome, GT5 have alot of catching up to do sound wise.

Having played both back to back this morning I like driving GT5 more.

people have gotten too used to drifting in games where any 12 year old can hold a slide for ages. that is far from realistic. so now when they play games that make it realistic (read hard) to hold a long drift and accurately link corners they have a sook and say that the physics are crap. the physics of real life are also crap.

Funny how a game that was in development for 2 years came out to be better just a year later than a game that was in development for 5 years. Good work polyphony :down:

oh not this old chestnut again. GT5 wasn't in development for 5 years. first they made GT5 prologue. then they scrapped all the physics and started over, plus they also made GT for PSP at the same time as GT5. so realistically GT5 was only in development for about 3 years. secondly, did polyphony say that they started developing GT5 the moment they finished GT4? i think you will also find that turn 10/microsoft is a bigger company, with more staff, than polyphony

I stopped playing iRacing just after the NTM came out, really should get back into it, but it gets so fkn expensive after a while when trying to run in a full round.

LFS physics aren't that crash hot, even GT5 is better than LFS now (it was tip top all those years ago tough)

LFS physics are mainly screwed by the weird tyre grip but drifting in it is the closest thing to real life there is, steering technique's are 99% the same you use in real life, i learned how to drift playing LFS and use it to practice because of that

in GT5 it feels like its not the tyre's turning and pushing the cars, so when drifting the car feels weird, stuff like spinning both rear wheels while turning around a corner and not getting a hint of the car getting sideways

i can drift good in GT5 but to do it i need to change my driving style to something that isn't realistic to get around the flaws in the physics unlike LFS where i drive pretty much the same as i do in real life, drifting like that in GT5 wasn't fun so i stopped playing

whilst down-shifting? clutch is RB, accelerator RT, and uses the right thumbstick to shift up and down.

that's not double-clutching, double-clutching is when you clutch in, put it in neutral, clutch out, clutch in, change gear then clutch out

that's not double-clutching, double-clutching is when you clutch in, put it in neutral, clutch out, clutch in, change gear then clutch out

exactly. that's simply rev matching. no racing car driver double clutches..... unless he also drives the transporter to the race track.

people have gotten too used to drifting in games where any 12 year old can hold a slide for ages. that is far from realistic. so now when they play games that make it realistic (read hard) to hold a long drift and accurately link corners they have a sook and say that the physics are crap. the physics of real life are also crap.

I am not sure what you are saying here as the guy is having a sook that Forza 4 is 'too hard'. Then again it's for drift so...

7SRK6.gif

oh not this old chestnut again. GT5 wasn't in development for 5 years. first they made GT5 prologue. then they scrapped all the physics and started over, plus they also made GT for PSP at the same time as GT5. so realistically GT5 was only in development for about 3 years. secondly, did polyphony say that they started developing GT5 the moment they finished GT4? i think you will also find that turn 10/microsoft is a bigger company, with more staff, than polyphony

Yeah, that Polyphony "mum and pop" outfit, always struggling to get by as a subsidiary of Sony. Turn 10 actually have less full time staff but more overall staff were working on Forza 3 as they outsource a lot of art work.

just bought this game after playing for a few hours im impressed , it improves on forza 3 graphics and sound wise... i do wish there were more oldschool jap cars.

i have played gt5 as well, and i prefer the forza driving physics. gt5 fell short of my expectations after waiting for it so long...

Finally got an Agera. :D

It's pretty brutal. Destroys almost anything in a straight line, and it's better than a Gumpert through the corners.

And I just hit level 48. Pretty soon I'll have to start buying my cars...

what wheels can you actually use?

Fanatec

Microsoft

MadCatz

Thrustmaster

Fanatec make the best and very much most expensive wheels, their new one for Forza 4 seems to be a lot more resonablely priced, or should be, never know by the time it gets here.

Edited by DivHunter