SAU Community

Forza 4

Astonish

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Played some split screen at my mates today.

I like the new cars and tracks.

The level of detail in auto vista mode is insane, seriously looks almost real. Very impressive.

We tried putting steering on 'simulation', but it's pretty hard with a control pad. Makes drifting a lot harder, snaps back much quicker. I'm guessing that it's designed for a steering wheel, because we both hated it using the pad.

Favourite car so far: Aston Martin One-77. Goes just as hard as it sounds, drifts like a mad thing, looks sweet :worship:

Things I don't like:

STILL no replay mode in split screen, seriously, WTF?

Multiplayer always 'defaults' to retarded easy settings which you have to change every time you start it up. Why can't you save profiles?

Overall though, it's a worthy upgrade and I'll definitely be buying it :)

so you guys are already cleaning up the whole game? and a serious lack of long races??? or am i just reading into it?

all driving games need a steering wheel. i dont know how anyone can compare driving games without it.

my brother bought a fanatec turbo s wheel, broken out of the box :angry: works randomly if you turn it off and on like 100 times, played it for all of about 5 mins and it was set on 240 degree's, couldn't set it to 900 (using the glitch way so there isn't counter steering aids) so still can't say how the physics are with the wheel :dry:

he might get it replaced but atm just looking to get his money back

wow man, that does suck :( the fanatec looks quite god, esp the uber top of the line Turbo one. hopefully thats just a dud.

but the 240 degree thing sounds a bit odd :(

anyone out there playing this on a wheel??

that works *

November Speed Pack

•2012 Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4: The newest Bull in the Lamborghini stable has arrived: fans can take it for a spin in “Forza Motorsport 4”and experience what it’s like to whip past rivals at 200 miles per hour.

•2012 Aston Martin Virage: Aston Martin’s newest coupe features a barking V12 that balances a perfect ratio of horsepower to torque to propel the Virage down the open road.

•2011 #2 Audi Sport Team Joest R15++ TDI: The final version of the Audi R15, the R15 “Plus Plus,” celebrated the R15s final race at the 2011 Sebring 12 Hours.

•2011 Audi RS3 Sportback: The newest member of the Audi RennSport line boasts the same 2.5-liter turbocharged direct-injection five-cylinder found in the TT-RS, propelling it from 0 to 60 in only 4.6 seconds.

•1957 Chevrolet Bel Air: A true automotive icon, the “57 Chevy” gained notoriety as a hot rod and is now one of the most recognizable American cars of all time.

•2012 Dodge Charger SRT8: The 2012 Dodge Charger SRT8 is a serious performance machine with a 470-hp 6.4-liter Hemi V-8 that responds to throttle inputs with no hesitation.

•2011 Ferrari #62 Risi Competizione F458 Italia: Matched only by the legendary heritage of Ferrari, the Risi Competizione team has won two Le Mans championships and achieved 29 podium finishes.

•2013 Ford Focus ST: Debuting with the same 250-hp 2.0-liter turbocharged EcoBoost engine that the much larger Ford Explorer SUV uses, the new Ford Focus ST packs a serious punch.

•1992 GMC Typhoon: The 280 horses on tap in the GMC Typhoon allow it to do things unthinkable for an SUV before its introduction.

•2011 Volkswagen Scirocco R: The Scirocco R serves as the platform for race cars in the Scirocco R-Cup, which brings world-famous drivers to the Hockenheim track each year.

I am looking a possibly buying an xbox just for this still cant decide yet

I actually did. A couple of friends were talking about it and I thought it's about time I owned a console that wasn't an Atari.

4Gb 360 $200, speed wheel + game $110 and a 250Gb aftermarket HDD $50. Not too shabby to get into it!

i have never played forza so i cant really compare, i have been a gt fan all my life and i hate xbox and their stupid controlls so i will also never be a forza man, im sure forza would be fun, and possibly more entertaining as a day to day game, but in the terms of driving i think the gt series at the moment would be hard to beat.

im not sure how many settings and what settings can be done on forza and i have seen alot of people say that gt5's settings dont work on the cars, but that is absolut bolloks, if i purchase a car and fully modify it, take it to a track as it is, there is atleast 10sec in alterations that can be done.

from the videos i have seen, the graphics are a little ordinary, and it is a proven fact that forzas lap times with the same car, tyres track ect are 5 -8 seconds quicker then gt5 and also about the same 5-8 sec faster then real life. i also think the physics int gt5 are very good, nothing can be like real life but revs over bumps and all that stuff are there, id like to know if lowering the pressure of tyres in forza actually decreases tyre wear very very fast around the track, because if it doesnt then its a bullshit option.

the damage on the cars in gt5 doesnt show very well sure, but its new and needs perfecting, forza crash's dont look amazing and real either.

i also saw a list of cars for forza a few pages back

2 rx7s

1 gto

standard 32 33 34 gtr v specs

4 standard sti's

4 evos

no nismos

there are heaps of interesting cars missing

i have a fully modded

89 rx7

92 rx7

99 rx7 bathurst

00 rx7 rz

02 rx7 spirit r

thats just rx7s, lets not get into the 12 different year and model gtrs with different max powers at different rpms, im not even including race cars, then theres evo 1 - x, about 15 stis

i do like the sound of some of the cars in forza, its cool to hear something different, i also must agree for the first month of gt5 it was a little painful, but once you get going, the different cars and different options gets me on there pretty often

iv won every race and ive had most cars, the fun for me is racing against my ghost and perfecting my laptimes

i can see how forza would be fun, but from all the videos i have seen it is simply too arcadie compared to gt5, arcadie wins with %90 of the public, but for the true driving experience i beleive gt5 is the winner

its like the age old fifa vs pro evolution, fifa sells bucket loads more... but what do the footballers play???