SAU Community

My Turn...

timr32gts

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could put the tester near the cop and inform him that he is dribbling shit at a loudness of about 30dB. haha

haha you get the night stick for that one :domokun: even better you could walk over to his car and ask him to rev it to 4500rpm and see if he makes it under :ph34r:

my defect was with the DECCW not the EPA but i believe they are one and the same..exactly the same form and everything..cant really read the pic of ur form as the type is a bit small, but im pretty sure you dont have to.

if it just says rectify exhaust noise and then get it tested, then you wont have too change suspension, wheels etc...he did say something to me when i was there but then said, well theres nothing i can do about it anyway ( campbletown testing station)

when mine was done, was for exhaust noise only, so they did that, then carry out an anti tampering test to make sure you still have all the right "emissions" bits under the bonnet, they take pictures and everything

unless parts are engineered and you have the paperwork saying they have passed an IM240 emissions test, then they shouldnt pass...including aftermarket front mounts, pods etc.

p.s. they get wet for standard parts with nissan part numbers :thumbsup:

this happened to me once, police notified the (EPA back then) and all i had to do was go to an exhaust shop, have them test and fill out the form, then take it to the RTA to clear it. Cost $5

what did the letter say that came with the epa form you posted the pic of?.usually you have take it to a mechanic who does inspectionas on behalf of the epa/ deccw and there is only a few across sydney..maybe they arent doing that now?

such a pain in the asssorting these simple defects out :angry:

i think johny bravo maye be collecting commision from repco to sell these db testers :ph34r: haha

well i live in albury which is 650kms from sydney and on the sheet doesnt say i have to go to a inspection just get the exhaust tested.. my mechanic has the sheet with that part on it and cant remember wat it says

i still think cruising around with a repco db tester is a better idea.

It still doesn't solve the issue of getting the initial problem sorted though. Might be handy for afterwards though.

but its an iPhone...... repco db tester for the win!!!!

android has equivalent programs

the iPhone has an app / dB tester. ;)

please please please tell me you pull hoons over, tell them your phone has a db meter, then ask if it's their lucky day hahaha

they are on a mission around this area in the last week or 2 mate,

i got pulled into a defect station during the week in high st wodonga (they cops were actually from melbourne TMU and up here on a blitz)

I managed to get away very lightly they only got me for pod filter, couple of tyres and handbrake adjustment (nothing wrong with it but lol) when there was plenty of other things staring them in the face that they could have got me on!

Got defected today at the maccas out near the army bases. Pulled into a car spot to drop my missus off at work and they pulled up beside me and asked me to rev my car lol they are gunna send me an EPA notice to get my exhaust cleared

Got defected today at the maccas out near the army bases. Pulled into a car spot to drop my missus off at work and they pulled up beside me and asked me to rev my car lol they are gunna send me an EPA notice to get my exhaust cleared

so sad ay,was at kfc today getting some of their gourmet food and there was a massive group f b n s utes there and honestly 99.9% of them are the biggest pieces of shit on the road, they should be copping as much of the defects if not more than the jap cars...

to OP maybe because u live so far from sydney they have another way of doing the testing...but up in sydney, if u get defected its the dB test and then a full under the car and under the bonnet inspection...i enquired about how they could justify inspecting my whole car, when i only got done for the exhaust noise and thy pretty much said they can do whatever they want lol..good luck mate