SAU Community

My Turn...

timr32gts

they just have to test the exhaust, i called the epa the other day and thats all they said i had to do.. my car has a coolant leak from one of the heater hoses near the back of the head so i asked for a week to get it fixed before inspection but they just said no if u dont get it done by the 20th my rego will be suspended and if i dont get it done by 27th ill get a fine and will be rego canceled.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Car passed! :worship: . car r32 gtr: mods apexi suction kit, HKS front and dump pipes,stock cat, and i put on a stock r32 gtst exhaust from my other car sat a 10-20 mil under rear bumper but still fitted to the car fine. it was 88 DB each test

• 7 months later...

haha you get the night stick for that one :domokun: even better you could walk over to his car and ask him to rev it to 4500rpm and see if he makes it under :ph34r:

my defect was with the DECCW not the EPA but i believe they are one and the same..exactly the same form and everything..cant really read the pic of ur form as the type is a bit small, but im pretty sure you dont have to.

if it just says rectify exhaust noise and then get it tested, then you wont have too change suspension, wheels etc...he did say something to me when i was there but then said, well theres nothing i can do about it anyway ( campbletown testing station)

when mine was done, was for exhaust noise only, so they did that, then carry out an anti tampering test to make sure you still have all the right "emissions" bits under the bonnet, they take pictures and everything

unless parts are engineered and you have the paperwork saying they have passed an IM240 emissions test, then they shouldnt pass...including aftermarket front mounts, pods etc.

p.s. they get wet for standard parts with nissan part numbers :thumbsup:

Hey mate was wondering if you could possible PM me or let me know your experience with the campbelltown stations. Went to an exhaust place the other day and theyve only said bad things hey

Car passed! :worship: . car r32 gtr: mods apexi suction kit, HKS front and dump pipes,stock cat, and i put on a stock r32 gtst exhaust from my other car sat a 10-20 mil under rear bumper but still fitted to the car fine. it was 88 DB each test

Hey mate did you have a frount mount at all? Im going in for the same inspection just concerned as i also have a front mount. Did they only do the exhaust test as they said or did they take the liberty of looking all over car?

Hey mate did you have a frount mount at all? Im going in for the same inspection just concerned as i also have a front mount. Did they only do the exhaust test as they said or did they take the liberty of looking all over car?

I have a front mount and they didn't say anything to me about that. Though I did have to go back again about my BOV (atmospheric) and POD again so wasted another $60 bucks so try get it done first time round. So yeh they do look under your bonnet and underneath as well as the exhaust decibel test. I think I may still have the checklist which they go through so if your keen, PM me anyone who needs it and I will scan and email you a copy of what's needed to pass.

oh and apparently high flow cats won't pass either but the guy was telling me that the RTA have recently brought in new sets of rules which do allow the high flow cats- though he still didn't pass me for it. w**ker!

I went to the guy at Granville- Archers- and have pretty much heard nothing good about him from everyone I've spoken to.

it just had the standard r32 gtr front mount, they did pop the bonnet but just to check over the vin numbers on mine, but im not in sydney so i just had to go to an exhaust shop to get decibels tested,