SAU Community

"The New GT-R" minor update...

Rezz

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

me either, none of the new nissans really appeal to me much. not even the 350Z or v35.

I cant see much japanese in nissan anymore. i suppose they dont have the money to design cars from the ground up anymore. what a pitty.

That concept/artists impression looks pretty nice. It has styling queues taken from the V35, but has a more 'fleshed-out' rear.

From what I can remember, the ATESSA system (almost like the one in the R34 GT-R, with a few refinements) is being used in the Infiniti G35x, to be sold in the US. As much as batteries are being used, it would be a risky move for Nissan to consider using one in the next GT-R. They still have their problems, are a little heavy, and would they be able to flow enough current for a modified GT-R? (HKS Battery Pack!)

it would be a risky move for Nissan to consider using one in the next GT-R. They still have their problems, are a little heavy, and would they be able to flow enough current for a modified GT-R?
Nissan will well and truly have all those things sorted out before the next GT-R goes on sale... like it says in the first post, Nissan already have the "e-4WD" system in the current Nissan March so a performance version of the e-4WD is in development now.

Interesting. Nissan stuffed around with electric technology in the 60's for their cars, so they've had some previous experience. Even came up with a production model I believe.

I find it hard to believe they are able to produce an electric power system that is capable of powering the front wheels to one of the fastest 6cylinder production cars out there.. but we'll see. Seem like "very high hopes" in the technology, lets hope its not false pipe dreams to keep people off their back.

Last I heard was that the turbocharger itself was going to be electronically assisted. Now that does make sense and is quite feasible.

meh, i reckon they should just take that c110 and stick an RB30DETT in it and attessa.. that will do me :D

Actually to be honest I reckon Ghosn has just been sucking on too much of the whacky baccy.. was probably in his office choofing on a big fat joint one day and between a toke decided "hey check this idea out man, an electric GTR! that would be like, woaaa, so way cool man.. imagine that!"

next day..

I find it hard to believe they are able to produce an electric power system that is capable of powering the front wheels to one of the fastest 6cylinder production cars out there.. but we'll see. Seem like "very high hopes" in the technology...
Why?

Nissan, Mitsubishi and Toyota are all doing it. Think outside the square dude!:D

I'm not necessarily saying that the concepts are implausible, I just question whether its possible to power a GTR with the incredible amounts of torque required without massive battery or fuel cell technology, even with that area advancing so rapidly.... Or even that sensible considering there are plenty of ways to smarten up a traditional 4WD system that aren't being currently exploited and that don't require some zany electric motor. There is powering a nice hybrid Prius to get you around town, then there is using an electric engine to get you around a racetrack.

We need some engineers in this thread to sort the feasibility of this one out I think...

What they're doing with e-4WD is the next step in evolution for the ATESSA system and it's original concept.

I think it's brilliant... and the more I think about it, the more logical it all seems.

Screw batteries - I want a 400km/h mag-lev GTR... that transforms into a robot.

Time for Japan to live up to popular culture references :)

Perhaps those crazy engineers have read this...

... says that the it has "Ceramic double-rotor all-wheel disk drive" Which I interpret to mean that in fact, the drive is electric, with four high-efficientcy "pancake" flat disk motors powering the it (one for each wheel). Indeed, since they are ceramic, they may be super-conducting as well...

... also says that the it produces "200 horsepower at 12,000 RPM" and has a type of V8 growl to the exhaust note. So, It's my belief that it has an internal combustion engine which powers a dynamo, which then sends electrical power to the wheels (much as the new "hybrid"

gas/electric cars do).

Since there is mention of 'shifting gears above 5,000 rpm' I would also assume that there is some sort of gear box between the engine and the dynamo, probably to give the rider more sense of control, as he would be using a system he was already familiar with. If the powertrain were superconducting, the time lag could be much shorter than with modern electrics, and would indeed feel much like a manual gearbox rather than an automatic.

Oh yeah, this be what they referring to...

120030915007-01.jpg

Kaneda's bike

Screw batteries - I want a 400km/h mag-lev GTR... that transforms into a robot.

Time for Japan to live up to popular culture references :)

I like that idea alot. Nissan should join forces with the creators of robotech to create the ultimate Gtr/robot soldier. I think it would have issues getting into the japanese gt races though.

who are they planning on marketing it to rezz? i guess families are out.........rich americans??

or is it going to be the one to win races to promote the rest of nissans range..........

I KNOW.........IT CAN BE THE FEATURE CAR ON FAST FURIOUS 3!

farking best idea i've had all day!

who are they planning on marketing it to rezz?
Believe it or not, previous GT-R owners...

hmmmmmm......so they make a car completely different from its past models and try and market it to the people who actually liked the past models?? sounds like a massive f£$k up in waiting.......

not that i own a gtr or anything, but i cant see gtr owners liking it.......

When it comes to transmissions, I'd like to see a conventional 6-speed, and a sequential-manual with paddles. The GT-R would appeal to more conservative types (eg. the people who can afford a GT-R easily), yet still demand some input from the driver.

Also, even if an electric motor was used instead of the rear driveshaft and other parts, weight differences would be neglible; lithium (or other) batteries as used in hybrids are pretty heavy.