SAU Community

Buyers/sellers Beaware Of Stateroads

Write an official letter to the manager or whomever is in charge and send it via registered post that they have to sign. Clearly state in a very proffesional manner what happened including time, location etc. Every detail you can basically. Also mention the witness. Let him know that you require a response within 7 working days and that you want to sort this matter otherwise you will be forced to take it to consumer affairs.

Be as proffesional as you can be. If you sound like some one that is angry they wont take it seriously. If you sound like some one that can present them self well you will get a response.

Good luck.

How can they send some one out to start un-plugging things they nothing about??

Thats like me doing the wiring in a friends house or hooking up a new gas appliance then it all going tits up and me saying oh well you should of got some one who knows what they are doing sorry.

Clearly in his own words he aint a mechanic so then why is he acting as one messing with cars??...

The inspector does admit disconnecting but says he's unable to help as he's not a mechanic.

Call fair trading if the guy can't produce a mechanics qualification then it should be pretty much an open and shut case

I can't belive this happened

Call fair trading if the guy can't produce a mechanics qualification then it should be pretty much an open and shut case

I can't belive this happened

Definitely call fair trading, and the free legal hotlines (cant remember what they're called atm).

Also post up some pics so we can see what's been undone. Someone on here may be able to help identify what has happened.

The inspector does admit disconnecting but says he's unable to help as he's not a mechanic. What really bothered me was that he left the car after he couldn't get it running again (said its not his fault)...

Judge Judy would have a field day with this. Our legals should be no less lenient!

How can State-roads hire a monkey and then dress him up as a mechanic? > Grenade with a loose pin!

I know that you want to take him / them to court...

But check your main fuses dude... It may be 20 bucks to fix the car versus 2 grand in fort costs :P

That's actually a really sensible suggestion...

Yeah sounds good and hopefully works...

But i would still be getting in touch with trading std's or the onbudsman about the fact that a un-qualified mechanic works there and is going messing with peoples cars/possibly lifes...

How does someone whos not a mechanic carry out a mechanical inspection?

Which means that before State Roads, RACQ, NRMA, RACV yaddayadda ever touches your car, you need to demand that he show you his ticket? :whistling:

That sucks man but I've used state roads several times as a buyer and I can't overstate what a good job they did. I would have purchased some absolute lemons if it wasn't for them.

I guess each company will always have an instance of bad customer service.

Edited by ras1983

Yes...too sensible if you ask me :ph34r:

I'm concerned, Birds.

I anticipate an attack is imminent. We must fortify our avatars with pictures of naked women covered in Skittles to distract him. Also, if he works in a strict office workplace environment he could possibly lose his job for having such content pop up, thus cutting off his financing... unless the sith have been funding his operation.

In which case, I think we should call the ghostbusters... or that guy in the motorbike who's being reallyreally loud outside and i'm waiting for "REEERRRR REEEER REEERRRR *THUD*"

Okay I'm getting delirious... good night :D

Furthermore; best car inspector I've had looked at the car, laughed, begged me not to make him inspect it, took his money and left.

Apparently that's the technical way of saying "it's shit".