SAU Community

25/30 Are You Using An Oil Ristrictor ?

tazzy

25/30's basically, what are you running in your setup? ive heard to block one oil feed and restrict the other or restrict both? or neither? what size restrictor are you using ... and what oil pump your using ? just intersted to see what ppl are using in there setups

• 1 month later...

I'm gonna steal your thread as I'm interested in the same stuff

assembling bottom end at the moment.

rb30e oil pump with no restrictors versus rb25 oil pump with restrictors (what size???) what would be your choice?

Rb25/30 r33 series one head. daily driver + weekend thrasher standard head +35R

Hmm that's interesting..

With my 25DE (non VCT) head and N1 pump I really needed smaller restrictors (didn't touch them at all).

However the bottom end that is about to go in is a stocker with stock RB30E pump, I wasn't planning to restrict anything but now I am rethinking that idea..

Any advice would be appreciated as the head will be going on on Saturday!

Setup is:

- standard series 2 RB30E bottom end

- standard RB30E oil pump

- R32 RB25DE head

- ASR bigass sump

- cam covers vented to atmo catch can, PCV blocked, head has a fitting in the back but I wasn't going to bother plumbing it up. Still have the opportunity to weld a fitting to the sump for the head breather if needed..

So I guess my questions are: do I restrict the oil feeds and if so, how big should they be? should I bother installing a fitting on the sump (drivers side on the top of the wing?) for the head breather?

Yep sweet, just spoke to my mechanic and he said exactly the same thing about blocking the rear feed and putting a 1.5mm restrictor in the front feed. Cheers :thumbsup:

Can you get fittings that don't require welding to the sump? I was planning on bolting it up on Saturday so if I can get away with just drilling a hole and screwing a fitting it that would be much preferable to welding!

enzed and gasket silicone are your friend with that one haha.

i have a bogan way of blocking the 2mm feeds and a 1.5mm drill bit if you need any help on saturday....

Care to elaborate on your bogan way?:P

Chuckie has grabbed me a few 1.6mm mig tips but I think they might be too small an OD, he's now tracking me down some grub screws to match the taps up at the workshop, worst comes to worst I'll drill out a 1.5mm hole in a grub screw and tap that into the front feed.

The good thing with the grubscrew is its easily changed. Screw it out and drill it bigger or just make another with whatever sized hole you need.

Ive found the 1.2mm ally tips, which have a 1.4mm hole have worked well (close enough to 1.5mm). Just turn them down in the lathe and part it off.

Care to elaborate on your bogan way?:P

2mm thick short nails tapped in with a punch and loctited in, then drill a 1.5mm hole next to them, they're long enough though that if they do come loose they'll hit the head before coming out, simply resulting in a tiny bit extra oil flow.

lol nice

got some 1/4"x1/4" grub screws, probably going to take a few bits and a lot of patience heh

r33racer, that's an excellent point!