SAU Community

Gts-R Video Ready For Viewing!

Hey Ash,

Very nice work on the vid.

Biggest thing i found is, the R34 seemed to be more of the center of attention then 31. Every time you and mick were being filmed the 34 was thier, you should realy have put the 32 thier as it is the center of attention.

Also some more wide shots of the car, just got up to the part when u drive the car and thier is probly only one or two decent wide shots of the whole car.

Defently need some action shots agan showing the whole car. im not shore if you take it to calder or track meets but if you do would be a good idea to throw these in as Well.

Hope this helps

brentt

You mean 31 :P

Dope video, but as some have said defs needs more car. Tidy looking GTS-R though.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now believe it or not - The car hasn't even had a cut'n'polish yet. The paintjob is directly off the gun at this stage :)

Few minor things to be done like add the sticker kit on, fix the overflow, front lip wasn't on the car etc.

Thanks for the feedback so far guys though either way. I'll be making sure the guys doing the filming see this as this was the point.

Try a few things, get some feedback and so on. You'll notice slight differences with each video (5 they are upto now).

It's all being taken as constructive so no dramas there :thumbsup:

Feel free to embed it on other sites if you wish as well. No issue with that as long as it links to the original.

Hey Ash,

Love the footage, very professional.

Thanks for the insight into your car. Its old school with a modern spin, absolutely love it!

I might head off to Micolour to get some minor refinishing done to my car.

Matt

Hey Ash,

Like the others have said this is a great video. I really like the camera work in the garage scenes showing the details of the cars. The dolly work really adds dimension. They also did a great job of varying the interest by use of shooting from different angles but spliced together to make it seem as though it was continuous (like when you get in the car).

I also loved the use of close-up, speed-up and focus. That makes the whole effect look really professional.

IMO the bit inside the car and the drive was too long. You are discussing a lot but after a few minutes I lost interest and found myself skipping forward to get to the next bit. Unfortunately that's how we've trained ourselves now. Anything more than a minute of the same drains the viewers attention. I think it is also more distracting because of the movement and the lovely sound of the RB that I don't listen to you as much. Might have been better to have the camera where the rear view mirror is so that you are talking into it while driving and there is less distaction for those shots as you focus on the driver more instead of inside the car and stuff wizzing by in the side window.

It is also a bit of a tease to hear you talk about the performance of the car but not get to experience it. Some high speed flybys, Deca work or some track in-car would go miles in adding a bit of excitement to the mix.

During the in shop interviews would have been very tricky unless they were using multiple cameras at once. If this was a "budget" deal then they did do an excellent job. It's only barely noticable as they switch from close up to pan that it would have had to have been done in separate takes and try to get the audio and dialog to match. Did they use two cameras? If it was only one they did a surprisingly good job - as you guys would have had to have done too if repeating the dialog.

Let them know well done. I know how much effort it takes to put a production like this together. And well done to you two guys in the interview too. It isn't easy to seem at ease in front of the camera and you did a great job.

Keep them coming! Nice to see some others doing video work here on SAU.

Trashly, all I saw mate, was jibba jabba I like navy Blue Tissue boxes.....

Having said it's sad I cant find/pickup a non-munted GTS-R. The car has come up a treat mate, I'd be super happy with the finished product.

P.S. Hi Mick. :action-smiley-069:

true skyline enthusiast :thumbsup:

perhaps whilst your talking about the mods in the car, you could have in writing in the corner or side of the screen about all the bits and pieces in the car.

and agree with the above, could do with more shots of the entire car from a distance, to capture the whole stance of the car from different angles, maybe from a few different locations.

very cool the way its filmed while driving around, a camera mounted on the rear bumper would be nice.

Very, very well made vid. Also good to see what Ash looks like finally hahaha.

Very tidy car man, glad to finally see some footage of it.

I think every one has mentioned the key things that could have slightly improved the video. Some more drive by footage, some more "performance" footage (I realise this can be hard to achieve if all you have access to at the time of filming is public roads) and also it should have had a shot of the tacho going to around 8000rpm after you said it :P

But nah was really good man, you should be quite proud.

:cheers:

great video, first time seeing your GTS-R to, very impressed!

Hey ash I loved the video brah, but I wasn't really interested in any of the talking part in the inside of the car....it would of been much more effective if you said

"Its an RB26DETT R31 GTS-R, only 800 were made"....then loooked at the camera and said "This is how the big boys do it" Then f**king dumped the clutch smashing the gears into synchronisation each change at 8000rpm and f**king strugling to gain traction caus u were puting so much f**king power through the rear wheels!

loook at the popular japan videos and thats what hapens for instance Touge Showdown....do something like that for your next vid please :)

Hey ash I loved the video brah, but I wasn't really interested in any of the talking part in the inside of the car....it would of been much more effective if you said

"Its an RB26DETT R31 GTS-R, only 800 were made"....then loooked at the camera and said "This is how the big boys do it" Then f**king dumped the clutch smashing the gears into synchronisation each change at 8000rpm and f**king strugling to gain traction caus u were puting so much f**king power through the rear wheels!

loook at the popular japan videos and thats what hapens for instance Touge Showdown....do something like that for your next vid please :)

Post outside the wasteland again and I'll ban your arse you muppet.