SAU Community

Ultra-Low Profile Jack

simpletool

Anybody know if Snap-on or Blue Point still sell their low profile jack here??

There appears to be a close copy of it available. I'm getting pricing for it as below.

post-23086-0-38293900-1303099872_thumb.jpg

Heavy Duty Low Profile & High Lift Garage Jack

• Lifiting Capacity: 1000Kg

• Minimum Height: 70mm

• Maximum Height: 610mm

• Net Weight: 51Kg

• Rugged universal joint release valve

• Metered release system allows for precise load control

• Rolled side frame adds strength and rigidity to reduce twisting

• Lift and position a vehicale on tall jack stands

Product Code: TQ2039

i bought the Blue point one about a year ago. but sourced it through Mercedes in Melbouorne.. couldnt find one elsewhere..

and thats because a mate is a mech there.. well was.

not sure if they still retail around here though/

I got one from Repco [chinese copy probably] low profile and $280, works OK and since I'm not a business it will only be used by me so occasional use.

those ones are still low the difference with the snap on one is it stays low for much longer, whereas the other ones slope up pretty early so u cant push it as far under the car

• 3 weeks later...

I got one of these from Repco (also sold at Tradetools) for $279.

My R33 GTST is slightly lowered and it slides all the way under the front to the K-frame and jacks from there. Obviously there is not much clearance so you have to do small pumps at the beginning. The magic-lift system makes it quick to contact the car though.

My suspension is pretty much SK spec, with ~350mm centre to guard height front. I also have the extra factory lip at the front. The high point of the jack is 145mm high my car is about 160mm at the front lip and sides)

GJLUQ1500 - 1.5T MAGICLIFT™

LOW PROFILE

· Innovative design of MagicLift™ offers a quicker lift to lift point for professional performance.

· Low-profile design for maximum access, which fits easily and safely under vehicles.

· Wide stance and low centre of gravity provides optimum stability under load stress.

· Universal joint release mechanism provides precision control of load descent in any handle position.

· Exclusive designed breather plug eliminates air in the hydraulic system, optimising jack performance.

post-23086-0-63394200-1304988260_thumb.jpg

Edited by simpletool

My R33 GTST is slightly lowered and it slides all the way under the front to the K-frame and jacks from there. Obviously there is not much clearance so you have to do small pumps at the beginning. The magic-lift system makes it quick to contact the car though.

My suspension is pretty much SK spec, with ~350mm centre to guard height front. I also have the extra factory lip at the front. The high point of the jack is 145mm high my car is about 160mm at the front lip and sides)

LOW PROFILE

· Innovative design of MagicLift™ offers a quicker lift to lift point for professional performance.

· Low-profile design for maximum access, which fits easily and safely under vehicles.

· Wide stance and low centre of gravity provides optimum stability under load stress.

· Universal joint release mechanism provides precision control of load descent in any handle position.

· Exclusive designed breather plug eliminates air in the hydraulic system, optimising jack performance.

Good find mate, thanks for sharing :)

LOW PROFILE

looks similar to the one I got from supa cheap or somewhere, weighs a freakn ton, I'd be looking for an aluminium one next time !!

I see even the snap-on one says it's 51kg !! friends got an ultra low ali one that wouldn't weigh more than 10-15kgs don't know where he got it from but said its like the one they use for the V8 supercars $$? so maybe look in the V8 supercars mag..?

looks similar to the one I got from supa cheap or somewhere, weighs a freakn ton, I'd be looking for an aluminium one next time !!

I see even the snap-on one says it's 51kg !! friends got an ultra low ali one that wouldn't weigh more than 10-15kgs don't know where he got it from but said its like the one they use for the V8 supercars $? so maybe look in the V8 supercars mag..?

haha, I personally don't care for the weight of the jack itself. The only hydro trolley jack I've had access to would have weighed about 50kg and it never bothered me....made it a little awkward to move it in some directions, but you pick up the technique quick.

Unless of course you can't store the thing on the ground, then I suppose you have a point :P

GJLUQ1500 - 1.5T MAGICLIFT

LOW PROFILE

· Innovative design of MagicLift offers a quicker lift to lift point for professional performance.

same as mine, works fine, so unless you've got a slammed car buy it cos it will do the job no problem.

I also have SK suspension. 345mm centres etc and it fits easily. Plus it lifts the car up high enough so that I can slide my ramps under the front wheels [front bar is too low to drive up onto them]. Then I jack the back up and use my jack stands, ends up being over half a metre off the ground and level. Easy to work under then.

Yeah, it's got a long ramp section so it lifts pretty damn high (500mm) which is more than enough for 3 tonne chassis stands and lots of room to play under. All I need now is a pinch rail adapter.

Made one by cutting off the end of a rubber mallet, then cut a deep slit into it to take the pinch rails. But when I used it the slit split further about half way to the base....so I'd say this is a bit risky.

The polyurethane makers should start making and selling them...hint hint !! Here's one from overseas.

post-23086-0-98669700-1305523406_thumb.jpg

Edited by simpletool