SAU Community

Mr30 Auto To Manual Swap L24E

I have 2 x 1985 mr30 skylines with the l24e motors in them,

1 auto and 1 manual.

I want to convert the auto into a manual as the body, motor and various other parts of the car are in better condition.

So i have all the parts required, my question is am i going to run into issues with this swap over, eg. different crankshafts in the motors? or bell housing mounts on the motor?

Press the search button and you will find information about this conversion.

From memory, the biggest hurdle is the different rear gearbox mount, but engines are same except for pivot bush in the back of the crank & bellhousing mounts are same no matter if using a 4 or 6cyl front housing.

Press the search button and you will find information about this conversion.

From memory, the biggest hurdle is the different rear gearbox mount, but engines are same except for pivot bush in the back of the crank & bellhousing mounts are same no matter if using a 4 or 6cyl front housing.

Thanks for the reply, I'd been searching for hours, but obviously using the wrong search criteria.

I was specifically looking for r30 but now have found the topic of the swap in a c210 wich is pretty much the same thing i suppose.

That topic also had this link

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?20145-Auto-to-Manual-Conversion-Guide

Which is a work log of a similar swap on a Datun 240k

also did this swap with my c210. there pretty damn similar bro so my write-up might help you

http://www.skylinesa...t-my-pics-back/

Thanks for that, looks to be very heapful.

I finally found the topic Ghostrider was talking about.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/324769-mr30-auto-to-manual-conversion/page__p__5293195__hl__240k+manual+gearbox+conversion__fromsearch__1#entry5293195

After reading that I'm devastated, i need to fabricate a crossmember!!! damn it.

I was planning on getting the swap of all my gear from the manual body to the auto body this long weekend.:(

Has anyone got a pic or a design for a gearbox crossmember for the mr30 gearbox swap?

• 1 month later...

Almost Done with the full conversion,box is in (cross-member not done yet :( )

But i have run into a wiring problem, which wires do i need to connect together on the auto wire harness to make the stater motor turn over???

ie. the switch that tells the motor the engine is in park???

And which ones are the reverse lights???

there are two wires on the manual gearbox for the reverse lights.

On the auto there is 4 plugs, one with a 4-pin connector which goes into the side of the shifter on one side of the box,

and on the other side of the box are 2 x 2-pin connectors and 1 single pin connector.

So at a guess one of the connectors on the auto harness is for the overdrive switch (4-pin as the switch had 4 wires),

one for reverse lights (2-pin), one for park so the engine will turn over (2-pin) and the other single wire connector is an earth?

Please help, or i will need to get my hands on a multimeter and spend a few hours working it out.

Also i have been told that i need to change the ecu and the diff as well is this true???

regards modbox.