SAU Community

More Mercury Motorsport Magic (Or Madness)

kymbo

I dont understand why cant people keep those comments to themselves. Seriously, if you have the cash, would you not prefer the comfort of a car like a 34GTR,35GTR or SL65 AMG?? Going faster isnt everything.

I dont think any stock older GTR can make over 300awkw with a pfc and intake mods.

Its true for the money spent on buying a 35GTR can buy you a much faster car but to each their own. Nice figures.

ps: I might turn up for the meet down the coast if nothing comes up.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont understand why cant people keep those comments to themselves. Seriously, if you have the cash, would you not prefer the comfort of a car like a 34GTR,35GTR or SL65 AMG?? Going faster isnt everything.

I dont think any stock older GTR can make over 300awkw with a pfc and intake mods.

Its true for the money spent on buying a 35GTR can buy you a much faster car but to each their own. Nice figures.

ps: I might turn up for the meet down the coast if nothing comes up.

Brandon

Be great to see you at the Gold Coast cruise and to give us the chance to check out your R33 GTR V Spec N1.

Kym

And yes i would much rather an R35.

Hence why i sold my 34 gtr and will be in the market for an R35 or an Audi R8 towards the end of the year.

Adelaideprosound

I believe every R model GTR should be held in very high regard. I clearly remember seeing my first GTR, a Maroon R32 at the Sydney Motor show in 1990. I could not stop circling the car and I kept coming back to look at it thinking, one day I am going to get one of them. Its total dominance of Australian touring car racing (unlike the bogus blue or red family car copy V8 Super car farce of today) in the early 90's confirms its place in history.

And yes, even today a well tuned R32 is going to give any modern day super car serious grief!

As a point of interest, for those who are too young to remember, in 1990 the R32 cost $90,000!!!! which in todays value equates to over $300,000. So in relative terms the new R35 is almost half the price of the original R32 when new. I remember one of the first notable buyers of the R32 GTR in 1990 was James Packer, who has a dollar or two.

I guess as I have matured and improved my financial position, combined with the timing of the R35, the stars aligned and I am now absolutely rapt to own one of these cars. All GTR's are to be admired and respected. They have always been the technology leaders and shown the Euros that a prestige brand name is not enough to keep true car enthusiast customers loyal.

I have owned 2 late model, manual and moded Corvettes, an E36 M3, an E46 M3 and prior to the GTR a V10 M5. They all fail miserably to even come close to the total performance super car package offered by the GTR.

Bottom line is, unless I could afford to buy a new Lamborghini Aventador or, a new Pagani Huayra, there is nothing that comes close to the GTR. Considering the 20 year time frame between R32 and R35, it is amazing that, ANY GTR can be brought up to date or modded to kick any modern Euro super car square in the slats!

So, no excuses are ever needed if you drive a true GTR!

Yeh, I looked at the Audi V10 R8 before I bought the GTR, they are a nice car in many ways, but I decided it is not the total hardcore package and simply NOT value for money. Not to mention, I would have hated pulling up next to a GTR and having my arse kicked!

Edited by kymbo

Honestly, did u seriously take my comment as gospel? Those italic letter didnt give it away that i was being sarcastic, not even a little bit?

Obviously an R35 should never be compared to an R32, hence why i said sarcastically that in some peoples eyes an R32 is better.

Oops. Seriously I didnt notice the italic. My apologies.

Brandon

Be great to see you at the Gold Coast cruise and to give us the chance to check out your R33 GTR V Spec N1.

Kym

Theres nothing special about the N1 cept the engine really. It looks just like any other white GTR you see. =)

Adelaideprosound

I believe every R model GTR should be held in very high regard. I clearly remember seeing my first GTR, a Maroon R32 at the Sydney Motor show in 1990. I could not stop circling the car and I kept coming back to look at it thinking, one day I am going to get one of them. Its total dominance of Australian touring car racing (unlike the bogus blue or red family car copy V8 Super car farce of today) in the early 90's confirms its place in history.

And yes, even today a well tuned R32 is going to give any modern day super car serious grief!

As a point of interest, for those who are too young to remember, in 1990 the R32 cost $90,000!!!! which in todays value equates to over $300,000. So in relative terms the new R35 is almost half the price of the original R32 when new. I remember one of the first notable buyers of the R32 GTR in 1990 was James Packer, who has a dollar or two.

I guess as I have matured and improved my financial position, combined with the timing of the R35, the stars aligned and I am now absolutely rapt to own one of these cars. All GTR's are to be admired and respected. They have always been the technology leaders and shown the Euros that a prestige brand name is not enough to keep true car enthusiast customers loyal.

I have owned 2 late model, manual and moded Corvettes, an E36 M3, an E46 M3 and prior to the GTR a V10 M5. They all fail miserably to even come close to the total performance super car package offered by the GTR.

Bottom line is, unless I could afford to buy a new Lamborghini Aventador or, a new Pagani Huayra, there is nothing that comes close to the GTR. Considering the 20 year time frame between R32 and R35, it is amazing that, ANY GTR can be brought up to date or modded to kick any modern Euro super car square in the slats!

Yeh, I looked at the Audi V10 R8 before I bought the GTR, they are a nice car in many ways, but I decided it is not the total hardcore package and simply NOT value for money. Not to mention, I would have hated pulling up next to a GTR and having my arse kicked!

A+

Honestly, did u seriously take my comment as gospel? Those italic letter didnt give it away that i was being sarcastic, not even a little bit?

Obviously an R35 should never be compared to an R32, hence why i said sarcastically that in some peoples eyes an R32 is better.

Appologies from me too. Didn't realize what the italic means....

Adelaideprosound

I didnt say that GTR shouldnt be regarded highly. If i thought so would i have owned one. Dont think so.

My comment was simply a simplified version of others that were going on about an R32 making the same power with minimal mods compared to a stock R35 so in other words, they were saying that there is no point in owning anything but an R32 GTR because it makes the same power with a PFC and a intercooler.

So took my comment out of context completely in its entirety.

Adelaideprosound

I didnt say that GTR shouldnt be regarded highly. If i thought so would i have owned one. Dont think so.

My comment was simply a simplified version of others that were going on about an R32 making the same power with minimal mods compared to a stock R35 so in other words, they were saying that there is no point in owning anything but an R32 GTR because it makes the same power with a PFC and a intercooler.

So took my comment out of context completely in its entirety.

All this power debate is somewhat useless as the R35 is a complete performance package. If a 300KW R32 - R34 GTR was at a set of lights with a 300KW R35, even though they may have the same KW at the wheels, the R35 is going to obliterate all of them. There is more to this car than KW figures. The DSG gearbox was a gift from god, changing gears with with your foot flat to the floor, not shifting a gearstick or taking your foot off the accelerator is a pretty sureal experience for the first time and is another reason why this car accelerates so quickly.

I have a bit of real world experience on the street vs many other makes of cars and of course skylines (Don't take what I am saying as boasting just as a FIRST HAND description of the capabilities of any R35 from an actual owner) so far the only cars that have managed to beat the R35 are a 420KW at the wheels R33 and a stroked 7.4litre twin turbo VY Monaro. All from a rolling start, given a standing start (which neither owner wanted to do) it would be no contest. With a few mods on the 35 and it would be beating these previous mentioned vehicles from a rolling start as well.

My point here is that it is not all about HP and KW. The R35 is a screamer for many other reasons.

Reread my comment, I know what italics means and I still think it was a waste of f**king oxygen response, but good on you anyway.

anyway back O/T

Any car can be made fast and cheaper, but you eventually have to ask yourself, "to what end?"