SAU Community

COATES HIRE TEMORA 1000

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

done the math on that? it = a very long day.

it will be at least 1min between each run (assuming a 25 second run and then allowing time to get that car off the air strip).

i'll be generous and say that you;ll have them going every 30 seconds (but obviously there is no chance).

that sees each of the 120 cars getting 1 run per hour....so you'll need to sit around 6 hours to get your 6 runs.

that's without any breakdowns or oil spills or even a crash (hopefully we won't see one of those).

everyone better pack breakfast lunch and dinner if they want their 6 runs or hope a lot of people pull out after their first 1 or 2 runs.

Maths has been done on the timeframes and it all fits with time to spare. Have spoken to a couple of people that have run these events before and the day will be from 9am-5/6pm

Basically each car will run (alocated 33 seconds) and as soon as they are off the strip (onto 2nd strip to wait in groups of 10) the next car will run. Whille the group that has run returns to the pits, the next group will go to the start line. Basically, all cars will be run every 75 minutes. Also, as the day goes on, the groups will get smaller as people have car issues etc etc

The majority of people understand that this will be run over a whole day.

Again, this will be the 1st time i have run an event like this. Yes, there may be teething problems as well. Well, that is motorsport

Edited by avd57l

Check your emails between now and tomorrow - sup regs being sent out now

Thanks Adam,,,got the rules and regs tonight.

In the catergory description I keep seeing "race tyres are not permitted" in every class,,,is this correct???.

Cheers

Neil.

Hi Neil,

Yep that is correct. No Slicks allowed

Cool,,,thanks for clearing that up mate. Unfortunately it also means my Radical and I stay home.

Hope the event is a huge success and everyone has fun.

Cheers

Neil.

With the number of classes available for this event (29 in total) and the likelyhood of a fair few of them not having any cars being entered into them (SVA, 1A, 3A...), we are going to have a few other catergories (event specific, nothing to do with CAMS) to spice things and allow people to compete with their mates who may be in other CAMS classes. Additional classes will be based on time, not speed, and some, due to the number of particular Vehicles entered, will be model specific.

So, we have added :

Fastest Commodore (NA)

Fastest Commodore (FI)

Fastest Torana

Fastest Ford (NA)

Fastest Ford (FI)

Fastest Skyline

Fastest Supra

Fastest Rotary

Fastest Euro

Fastest 4WD

Fastest RWD