SAU Community

Where Is The Clip On R32 Gtr Fuel Pump Cradle?

I am almost finished removing my pump but I cant get the cradle out so the pump is still stuck. I managed to unhook the pump out of its cradle but the cradle is still stuck to the bottom. The tutorial I am using says to lift a clip on the bottom of the cradle but I cant feel a definite clip. Does anyone have a pic of the clip side of the cradle, I need to visualise what I am putting my hand on.

There's not a clip as such, there's a mounting bracket on the floor of the fuel tank that the cradle hooks in to. IIRC you sort of push it down then left to get it out. I dont remember exactly, but its quite easy. You're probably assuming its more difficult than it actually is!

Yeah I am sure it is easy, I am just not doing it right. I just wish I could see what it looked like down there so I knew where to push it. Bloody tank is full as well so my hand is swimming in high octane fuel. How long can your skin be in fuel for? So you reckon push down on it and slide to the left?

It's on the drivers side facing the front on the tank

Ok im wrong then. I thought it was sort of on the bottom, drivers side, so you push down (to get it past the set of hooks) the left while keeping it down (towards passenger side) to slide it out. It was a few years ago now.

OP - give it a gentle push around to see which directions it will go. It should move say 5-10mm "down" to get past the hooks, then slide out.

• 2 years later...