SAU Community

Fcon-V Pro

MHHJ

Hi All,

Just wondering whether anyone in Melbourne/Victoria knows of someone who can tune them?

All the research I have done on these forums and on the net only points to tuners who can do them as only being available interstate (QLD, NSW).

Just trying in here for one last shot.

Thanks

i know where u can get the data cable

but u still need someone to tune it

ie sell it and buy a supported ECU is your best bet

just make sure its the plug and play model and not hardwired

if its hardwired your in for some nasties trying to remove it

Yeah,

Well the bad luck for me is that mine came imported in with it installed. >_<

I actually want to have it removed and the previous owned has had it hard wired - hopefully I can find someone who can remove it.

Does anyone know of any ECU's that are EPA approved?

I might actually start another thread on that - EPA approved ECUs... Doubt such a thing exists???

There is no such thing as EPA approval for ECU in Victoria. You cannot get approvals either realistically.

If the loom is too hacked up, but a new GTR loom from Nissan (~$600-700) and get a PowerFC ($900) or similar and go down that path.

At least then when you get defected, and it will happen, you can just put the stock ECU back in and away you go.

Whilst a new loom might sound expensive, if the F-Con is wired in like i think it is, it'll be easier and cheaper just to start over.

Also the fact ANYONE can then tune your car, rather than you be restricted to 1-2 people...

Hi mate, I actually know someone who has one and it was tuned in his GTR. It was tuned by Cihan at Edge Motorworks. I take my car there as well and the results have been fantastic. www.etuner.com.au

yeah you can try the FCON, its actually a great ECU

but the problem is lack of tuners, so you might be locked into say 1 workshop in vic

so your stuck with their tune, their pricing and how it is setup etc

with a locally supported ECU you can pick your price and workshop basically

find out how much to remove it and revert to stock loom

if its mega then yeah i would stick with it and tune with cable

but if its half normal to rip the loom out and revert to std loom do that

then you cna go nistune, powerfc, vipec etc

many plugin options (and easily resellable) the FCON wont sell for much cos no one wants it

Hi mate, I actually know someone who has one and it was tuned in his GTR. It was tuned by Cihan at Edge Motorworks. I take my car there as well and the results have been fantastic. www.etuner.com.au

i agree with this.

tunes my car (emanage) and has installed and tuned FCON's before. as well as installed! probably the best person for the job!

if you look at selling the F-con Pro, i might know someone interested in buying it off you. pm me.

Chasers can tune it

and if you want someone to tune it i have the cable and software myself can let your tuner borrow it if he can understand basic japanese not hard for basic tunning but if you want to setup special features can take some time

Seems everyone wants to buy this HKS FCon ECU off me... We'll see people! I will first give a call to all the recommended tuners above, thanks guys.

The previous owner seemed a bit of HKS lover. Along with the ECU we have found:

HKS Turbos

HKS Boost controller

HKS Dump Pipes

I guess think taking out the ECU will impact the above - in terms of power output.

nope, just because those items are made by HKS, they certainly don't 'need' a HKS ecu for them to work properly... hehe, a dump pipe is just a pipe :) - boost controller (evc 5/6?) is setup on it's own anyway

changing to a good ECU's, with a good tuner, will have everything running just as well as the HKS one :) - but don't change if you've got a few options to tune - unless you can make some money selling the HKS and switching to something else :D

• 2 weeks later...

Took the advice of Shadz and AaronNM35 and took the car to Cihan at Edge Motorworks. Thanks for the recommendation guys.

Got the car dyno tested, and with a few adjustments/changes, they got the car to pull at 308 Kws at all 4 wheels! :rolleyes:

Great team at Edge Motorworks - highly recommend them.

As requested.

Cihan advised the staggers on the graph are because the air pipes are dirty (possibly because of the use of oil filters in Japan). Need to get this checked and cleaned in my next service.

post-82143-0-21168500-1306588003_thumb.jpg