SAU Community

hi ive got about 3 gs to spead after i sell my motorbike i have a r 33 gts t l m new to the skyline world wat do u think i can get for 3gs in upgrades l m not to sure wat i can get and wat kined off power i can get out off it thanxs for ur time

with 3g you will be struggling to get everything you need to upgrade the turbo (since you will also need aftermarket ecu, and most likely AFM and injectors) unless you get second hand stuff.

as for what power you get, that will depend on the turbo you get.

depends on what power you want, and what sort of drivability/response you want. have a bit of a look through the forced induction and the dyno section in there and get a bit of an idea of what turbos give what power outputs.

Do you have an exhaust, cause this is the first thing you will need, get JJR front/dump pipe 200$ and full 3 inch exhaust (250$ maybe for a s/h one is fine) before you do anything and a boost controller of some sort, turbotech one is fine for 30$.Get a full service and tune at 10-11psi for 200-300$ should net you 180-190kw

then

s/h programable ecu 1000$

hiflow turbo 1000$ (hypergear)

turnflow intercooler 400$

tune 600$

Money gone..you should make about 210-220kw if your engine is in good condition..if your clutch is stock it probably wont last long either..

add..

inectors 500$ s/h

z32 afm 250$

coilpacks 600$

better intercooler 700$

better turbo 1500$

should make 250-280kw, you will definately need a good clutch now so add over 1000$ if you dont have one already

Prices are approx and dont include any labour or extras such as sparkplugs, oils and filters, which you will need to replace all of..

Heavy duty clutch

Trust front mount intercooler

3.5 inch 5zigen exhaust

series 2 front bumper

Ducktail spoiler

Mushroom air filter

Tien Super Street coilovers

Custom split dump with screamer pipe

Boost controller

12 psi

and get this week yellow jackets coil packs

well why didnt you say so, half the work is done already.

For 3k you want some form of boltup highflow, many places do these, hypergear, GCG, ATP to name a few, looking at about 1500 for this

You will also need a ECU about 1000 should get you something

And a Z32 afm about 250 for a new one.

EDIT just remembered you will need Injectors of some description, i got some secondhand cost about 550 with cleaning and all or you can get yours hiflowed. And a new fuel pump 300, so say good bye to roughly another 1000.

Now your 3k is gone, make sure you give it a full service all oils and filters then take it for a full dynotune costs about 500 to 1000 depending who you go to and you should be able to make 220 to 280kw. Depending on turbo choice. Do your homework

Do you want more power down low or up top?

NB..do not think you can just add a turbo and drive it doesnt work that way..

as you can see I just spent 5000 of your 3000 budget :D

so if 3k is all you can spend just get an ECU and a small hiflow, think hypergear does them around 1000 and they bolt straight in. A good fuel pump is still a must 300. Tune will be same price 500 plus. Your money is gone you should make 220ishkw. This is about all standard injectors and afm will handle.

Its still better than stock beleive me, Mine only has 235kw,(depending on the weather :/ ) its a bit slack in the top end compared to some others but its a rocket down low. theres a bunch of little tricks to make it all work too but for that you will just have to do some homework its all in these pages mate but you just gunna have to look