SAU Community

Washing Your Car With Kerosene

i do it, dont care what you guys say.... im someone that has done it and done it for years, never ever had a probelm. but nothing like what your talking about, you dont go puting a hole bottle of the shit in the water or rubing it on with a rag. Its the main way i keep my white wheels so perfectly white.

i used a HALF a cap of kero in a 15L bucket of warm water with megs shampoo. Give her a wash, than wash again with megs shampoo and normal watrer, it really pulls all the shit off the paint and any old polish and crap thats been on there for ages, give you a fresh base to start with.... you have to use polish/sealent and a wax but dont just leave it.

i havnt got any pics on this pc that dose it justise, but i can tell you now if you do it right it works sweet. and i only use the kero when its needed not every wash and polish maybe twice a year.

deano

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forum is fkd, so many double posts. :P

I have nothing else to add, my paint isn't worth caring for anymore. :happy:

Haha lmao,

I hope they fix it soon though, surely it's been picked up by the mods or something.

i do it, dont care what you guys say.... im someone that has done it and done it for years, never ever had a probelm. but nothing like what your talking about, you dont go puting a hole bottle of the shit in the water or rubing it on with a rag. Its the main way i keep my white wheels so perfectly white.

i used a HALF a cap of kero in a 15L bucket of warm water with megs shampoo. Give her a wash, than wash again with megs shampoo and normal watrer, it really pulls all the shit off the paint and any old polish and crap thats been on there for ages, give you a fresh base to start with.... you have to use polish/sealent and a wax but dont just leave it.

i havnt got any pics on this pc that dose it justise, but i can tell you now if you do it right it works sweet. and i only use the kero when its needed not every wash and polish maybe twice a year.

deano

im with you, i dont do it all the times just a few times a year, but i do use a lot, i spray it on and wipe it in with rag, been doing it for many years

I knew an old bloke who use to add a shot of diesel (30mls) to a bucket of warm soapy water on his XB falco, and even after 20 years it looked like new!

He also used corn flour to polish his car! a metal polisher also told me once to use corn flour to bring up a shine on metal surfaces.

I use zymol products on my cars :)

I knew an old bloke who use to add a shot of diesel (30mls) to a bucket of warm soapy water on his XB falco, and even after 20 years it looked like new!

He also used corn flour to polish his car! a metal polisher also told me once to use corn flour to bring up a shine on metal surfaces.

I use zymol products on my cars :)

My grandfather uses kero in his car wash and his cars have always looked excellent.. although he has only had 2 camry's in the time i have been alive haha. Either way, his first camry's paint still looked like new when he sold it. (about 2001) And his current camry is the same. I have only done it to my car once (when i washed it at his place) and it came up excellent. I think what deano has written is spot on, i dont think people should be worried about what it does to the paint.

Hi Guys,

Waxit.com.au is a sponsor of Skylines Australia Forum and offer discounts to Forum members who enter the FD10 Code. This will give you 12.5% off pricing on most products in our store.

We have hundreds of products from Europe, Asia and USA.

We put on a detailing clinic for SAU Vic guys and girls and are more than happy to help you out with solutions to any car care problems you may have.

Look out for our up coming new website

www.waxit.com.au

Hi Guys,

Waxit.com.au is a sponsor of Skylines Australia Forum and offer discounts to Forum members who enter the FD10 Code.

This will give you 12.5% off pricing on most products in our store.We have hundreds of products from Europe, Asia and USA.

We put on a detailing clinic for SAU Vic guys and girls and are more than happy to help you out with solutions to any car care problems you may have.

Look out for our up coming new website

waxit.com.au