SAU Community

Rb20Det Idle/cold Start Problems

are bee's

Hey guys/girls,

What happens is, obviously being winter a lot of the times I go to start the car it's cold, and once started (which it does fine) the revs just want to drop straight back to 0. So I'll sit in the driveway, warming it up, watching the revs and catching them by tapping the throttle if they start to fall to low. However even once I've got the idle running smooth whilst sitting there, once I get going when I depress the clutch pedal mainly for extended periods like decelerating to a stop the revs just continue to drop, again just wanting to stall.

Can any think of what might be causing this? (AAC, O2 sensor, AFM?)

(I also had a re-tune recently during the much warmer weather, to fix an idle hunt (and self-stall) that I used to have. Could it be related to this at all?)

If any of you can shed some light on the situation it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by are bee's

Will have NOTHING to do with the O2 sensor (doesn't anyone read threads that cover O2 sensor operation?)

Sounds like an AAC problem. But also get the injectors cleaned.

Should try removing and clean the AAC valve to see if it fixes anything up. Search the forum, there's a complete guide on here with step by step instructions regarding how to clean the AAC valve assembly.