SAU Community

S A U N S W - Private Wsid Drag Racing Day

N1GTR

I did a 10.02 @ 143 last time out but that was with only 450wkws that has now risen to 650wkws.A mid 9 is expected but we all know about expectations,Lol.I just wanna get out there with some Skylines rather than the usual v8s or rotors.

Mmm ok yeah that's not going to work haha!

Shame though, there's a few 500+awkw GTR's that want to come but they'll run too fast.

Really sorry we cant help you out - maybe come watch and just hang out with some non V8/Rotor guys at WSID for a change lol

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dam I went to one of these days before I brought my GTR and watched TWOOGLE & 2RISMO both ducking into the 10's yet weren't booted? I've been looking forward to running at such an event ever since yet sadly not paying $200 for 1 run :verymad:

Mmm ok yeah that's not going to work haha!

Shame though, there's a few 500+awkw GTR's that want to come but they'll run too fast.

Really sorry we cant help you out - maybe come watch and just hang out with some non V8/Rotor guys at WSID for a change lol

There are ways around this... you could break the beam (and start the timers) then take off and see what MPH you can get. This can indicate your potential ET on a perfect run. Or you could take off easy and then plant it - again, to see what MPH is acheived on the run, and hence what potential ET the car is capable of.

Alternatively, you could take off hard and then either back off or brake before the finish line. Couple the first half track passes with the MPH acheived on the other runs and you can work out the opotimal run ET and TS. Then, go hard at the end of the day and get your 10second timeslip and get booted :D

/waves@Aaron :D:action-smiley-069::whistling:

Dam I went to one of these days before I brought my GTR and watched TWOOGLE & 2RISMO both ducking into the 10's yet weren't booted? I've been looking forward to running at such an event ever since yet sadly not paying $200 for 1 run :verymad:

That must have been quite a while ago and WSID's private days were much different back then. Now they have two types, ones like this SAU:NSW one (ie 11.00+ cars), and the private track hire days for ANDRA-teched cars (a handful of cars only).

YTS, easier for everyone including the volunteer organisers, if you join up beforehand ;)

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/365434-s-a-u-n-s-w-club-membership-faq/

thanks i was planning on attending as a spectator and thought if i was gunna be there then i could just fill one out but this will do also cheers

Alternatively, you could take off hard and then either back off or brake before the finish line. Couple the first half track passes with the MPH acheived on the other runs and you can work out the opotimal run ET and TS. Then, go hard at the end of the day and get your 10second timeslip and get booted :D

/waves@Aaron :D:action-smiley-069::whistling:

Hehehehe, charlie, charlie charlie........

What car are you planning on running?

On a serious note, dont do the boot it too 1000" then brake hard. That is extremely dangerous, as we have found in past you have a good chance of turning the car around and punting it. I would prefer if you rolled off it at 1000" and cruised through the beams.

There are ways around this... you could break the beam (and start the timers) then take off and see what MPH you can get. This can indicate your potential ET on a perfect run. Or you could take off easy and then plant it - again, to see what MPH is acheived on the run, and hence what potential ET the car is capable of.

Alternatively, you could take off hard and then either back off or brake before the finish line. Couple the first half track passes with the MPH acheived on the other runs and you can work out the opotimal run ET and TS. Then, go hard at the end of the day and get your 10second timeslip and get booted

An ANDRA or WSID official will boot you for that sort of thing. If you break the beam and then hammer it or if you sandbag in the top end. Even if you go hard to half track and button off. I've been booted for that in the past but it DOES depend on who is the chief official on the day.

i'll be coming as a spectator.

John anderson

Emily catarino.

bringing the better half too as she seems really keen to see some drag racing.

Oh cute :)

Ok entrant list is updated.. if you are missing and have paid more than 3 days ago pm me..

thanks guys

oh and before anyone asks spectators are not limited to 40 but 60.. pref will be given to entrants