S A U N S W - Private Wsid Drag Racing Day

N1GTR

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

me and Gary Oliver are definitely racing... double entering the cressida...

still waiting on richie and jordan bradshaw to confirm.

Can we pay on the day? or do we need to pay prior? (can pay at st ives next week lol)

Joel, please do bring them along. I'll have some of my camera gear too if you want to try your hand at shooting some video.

sounds like a plan eric! might even be able to talk louise into controlling the video camera for the day :P

Can we pay on the day? or do we need to pay prior? (can pay at st ives next week lol)

This event is absolutely going forward, and it's going to be great :D

There are about 15 spots remaining until we are full, but WSID require us to cut off entries after this weekend.

So get in quickly!

You need to enter before Sunday as WSID require all names and money paid a week prior to the event

Can I run on slicks ?

You can run on slicks with all the usual rules that apply. You can't run quicker than 12.50 if you have slicks on the rear and radials on the front.

You can run on slicks with all the usual rules that apply. You can't run quicker than 12.50 if you have slicks on the rear and radials on the front.

So does this mean that you should either run radials all around or semi slicks all around?

All the usual rules ? Ive never done this before so I know not of these "usual rules", I was going to run on some circuit slicks in a soft compound so I dont wreck my Semis, sounds like Im going to run Semi Slicks then, there are more rules in this than there are in a Super Sprint, and they dont turn corners, LOL.

If there are any other rules or regs can they posted up in the first post please.

Mark

Semi slicks will grip better than radial tyres once you have done a tiny burnout (no u wont need to sit with your foot on the brake pedal for 2mins until you are surrounded by smoke).

However semi slicks have a stiff side wall (which is why they corner well on a circuit) so they may cause axle tramp or tyre spin off the line because they cant flex as well but after you grab second gear they will be better than radial tyres on the prep'd track.

A great option if you are on a budget is a set of r32 gtr (or gtst) factory 16" wheels and the best radial tyres you can buy with a big sidewall with a pressure under 30psi as it will allow the big sidewall to flex and act as a sling shot off the line.

Anything above 17" wheels (so i mean your 19 or 20" chromies that look good when you are in a parking lot) and you are just asking for wheelspin or axle tramp all day long and if you have never been on a drag strip before you will be staring at 14sec passes in a 12sec car.

So does this mean that you should either run radials all around or semi slicks all around?

I see your confusion. Poor circuit boy no understandy drag racing lingo! Fear not, us knuckle draggers aren;t very smart so it can't be very hard to understand. Rubber -

1. Slicks are bias ply "Drag Slicks" purpose built for drag racing with soft compound and tall sidewalls. This is the best you can get for drag racing.

2. Drag Radials are radial tyres purpose built for drag racing to have soft compound, tall sidewalls and as much "give" as radials can manage. Second best.

3. Street Radials are radial tyres for street purposes.

R compound street radials or "Semi Slicks" are street raidlas with a softer comound and a very stiff sidewall. They aren't very good for drag racing (compared to slicks or Drag Radials).

You can't mix BIAS PLY and RADIALS. So you can run front runners and slicks (bias play all round) or you can run Street Radials/Drag Radials/R Compounds in any mix you care to try out.

You can run street radials up front and R compound (semi slicks) on the rear without any issue.

Edited by MrBlonde

Deano45....good to hear :D

No, WSID require a complete list of entrants by noon Tuesday. Make sure Dave has your entry by then, we cannot change these rules.

There are still spots available...so for those considering entering, get your details in ASAP!