SAU Community

S A U N S W - Private Wsid Drag Racing Day

N1GTR

So are you bringing the coupe Kenny? and is the other beema a convertable? :D

Brad, no mate I'm just bringing my daily driver, a BMW 135 coupe. Stock diff(not LSD), stock wheels and stock runflats so don't expect anything!

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

me and Garry are definitely in, double entering the cressida. just need to figure out where the money and forms have to go...

our spectators are

amber shortus

thomas watson

andrew watson

zoe menzies

gordun bradshaw

not sure if there are any others...

me and Garry are definitely in, double entering the cressida. just need to figure out where the money and forms have to go...

the email or fax no are on the form.. if you must PM it to me BEFORE 2pm tuesday the 5th

Download the paper work in the first post. All the details ie bank account and return fax/email address, are contained on the form

Also for the last few entrants I have not put up your spectators on this list but they are on the list that is being sent to WSID today so dont worry they will have a ticket

Would love to give the S3 a squirt but i am not going to pay $220 for one run lol Its only just run in so i dont want to go flogging the ass off it all day long just yet.

Shame my mate is selling his Lambo as well as it would have been great to see/hear it go down the quarter :(

Well, it seems you guys were getting better communication than the organisers. We received the following email this afternoon from WSID:

---------------------------------------------

Duncan,

I regret to advise that we are forced to postpone your track hire scheduled for this Saturday, July 9, 2011.

I sincerely apologise for this late notice. Despite our optimism and the best efforts of all involved, who are still working now, the track surface works remain behind schedule with final profiling yet to be completed.

I also offer a sincere personal apology for the inconvenience and disappointment this will no doubt cause your club members – and of course yourself and other organisers that have worked hard to put everything in place. Eventually, despite understandable frustration, I hope you will all agree that it would not be acceptable, nor appropriate, to proceed before we can confidently offer the best possible conditions.

Duncan, I can only offer my genuine apology and trust that you and your members will accept that the decision is in the best interests of everyone concerned.

I will await your instruction and once again offer this apology on behalf of the venue.

Kind Regards,

John Henman

Administration and Operations Manager

SYDNEY DRAGWAY

-------------------------------

We are disappointed that at no time did WSID suggest this event may not be possible, and that we had no warning until this afternoon of the cancellation.

However, we will organise this event for the first available date WSID offer us. In the meantime, anyone who does not want to carry their entry across to the new date, please let Aggroman know. Good news for those that needed more time to get their cars ready ;)

Shit happens i guess. i knew about the works a long time ago and had a feeling this would happen. They stripped the rubber off it and have been resealing the strip, getting rid of the bump that many have complained about for a long time that was at the end of the concrete, and with the weather we have had lately it was inevitable

Let us know what WSID may come back with as i am happy for SAU to hold my cash for now pending the new proposed date.