SAU Community

Melted Headlights!

I've been trying to get rid of moisture in the passenger side headlights of my r34 gtt. I let the car idle with the high beams on for about 10 mins yesterday and just noticed today that the the clear plastic on my driver side headlights has melted. I'm pretty pissed coz now i've got one headlight full of water and another that's melted. Has this ever happened to anyone else? How much would a set of headlights set me back and where can i find them?

did you use the wrong bulbs in them???? also depending on the headlights, xenon or non xenon, prices vary, somewhere from 100-1k (1k being brand new)

What car?

What globes?

Pics?

Have done late-night country driving in several cars with high-beams on for hours (with the very occasional dim when another car passes) & never had or heard of this...

i have seen some chinese branded globes catch fire from overheating, also our lights are plastic, so cant use very high Watt bulbs, might only apply to normal lights though, i know limit for r34s was 55w from memory, while the older cars with glass headlamps use up to 90w but they become extremely hot!