SAU Community

Coilover Identification And Advice

Hi,

I bought a R32 GTR about 5 months ago, it not a daily driver, but when I do drive it the suspension drives me insane. Im pretty sure that the coilovers I have are flogged out, the front end tends to bounce though bumpy corners (not fun!!!). I have the alignment specs from the previous owner and I cant see anything that could cause issues. The other thing that annoys me is that I think the suspension is way too stiff. Im not sure whether I should look at rebuilding them and getting new softer springs or just replace them. I cant seem to find any information on the net about the coilovers in my car, but I suspect that they are very old. The part number suggests that they are for a non-GTR, is this an issue?

Any advise/opinions on what I should do would be great.

Specs stamped on rear passenger side coilover:

DDN19-12511

HCR32-R 93E

TEIN

There is also a sticker but thanks to google, Im pretty sure it is just a Japanese tuning shop

"Signal Auto Senri"

If you dont think I should rebuild them, any suggestions on what to replace them with would be great. The lowest off the self spring rates I can find on new coilovers are 8/6kg (F/R). I think the standard GTR spring rates were around 4/3(??) I "think" I would like something stiffer than standard, but still comfortable enough to drive on our crappy roads for a few hours without needing a neck brace. Street driven only, no drag or track work (for now).

I can put up a pic if it helps.

Cheers,

Brendan

I think im going to look at replacing them with something else. Its probly going to cost around the same to get them rebuilt with new springs as it will to get a new set of BC Racing coilovers and then I get damper adjustablity too. I know the BC's arnt the best quality, but for the driving and km's I do, I think they will be fine.