SAU Community

R32 Bogging Down Under Full Throttle

So I took my r32 out to mallala on the 21st and I was expeirencing some engine problems. I've done a bit of a search and its pretty much the same symptoms as this bloke has said. http://forums.d1nz.c...610550f3f0eecad. So it will be running fine most of my run but occasionlly I will come out of a corner (generally towards the end of my ran after about turn 3 or 5 for those that know Mallala) and it will start to bog down or rev very slowly from 4000 rpm through to redline only when at full throttle, however if I give it say half throttle it will rev freely. After lining up for my next run it is fine all the way through till towards the end. I am thinking it is something to do with the fuel side of things as I can smell fuel and also it will usually pop and splutter and throw a couple of flames while descelarating. im gonna check my timing but I am thinking maybe injectors, fuel regulator or fuel pump? Has anyone experienced anything like this before and can anyone point me in the right direction to fix it. Motor wise its completly standard running standard turbo boost etc, just running a pod and 3 inch exhaust.

cheers

Edited by Dale91

Well I filled it up before we went out but used about half a tank. Could you experience fuel surge with half a tank roughly? This does make sense given that everytime it happened I was usually exiting a corner.

I bought the car essentially stock so I'd assume it still has the factory/standard pump. Would I be best upgrading to a bosch 040 or similar given that I'm going to put a vg30 and Nistune on in the future?