SAU Community

The Wasteland 2011 Edition

Nightcrawler

I am REALLY looking forward to Kadina next weekend - it is going to be MASSIVE :) :) :):D :D :D

Sorry I couldn't help out with Booze for the trip mate,

found another bottle of tequila, but that has 'evaporated' somewhat over the last few days

have a good one

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've heard bad things about the "high strength" silicone hoses.

depends if theyre a reputable brand or not..

ive had my gates racing rad hoses on for 3 years without any hassles.

-D

Yeah thats what I was looking for were Gates. Meh, I'll change them when I swap out the radiator.

yeah thats when I did mine. CBC can get u gates kits for $99 or so... Joeleo87 who is/was a member here works there and took care of me

I also replaced all my heater core/coolant hoses with JJR silicon hoses when the head was off earlier in the year - am running a nismo 1.3kpa cap and an n1 pump so I want them to be able to deal with the extra pressure. so far they have not let me down, I have no leaks whatsoever

Will get some black ones eventually tho. I don't like the blue hoses in my engine bay.

-D

hey sled went to willall today for the commodores owners club dyno day mainline is hungry hungry but still delivered on the torque figure wich i spose is good did 340 kw but 1087nm torque's had a good old chuckle with dingo and looks like i might in the near future have a looksee at all this zf tuning jargin hes banging on about more than likely ur car will be the first or one of the first to have it done to cant wait to see whats the g..o :thumbsup:

hey sled went to willall today for the commodores owners club dyno day mainline is hungry hungry but still delivered on the torque figure wich i spose is good did 340 kw but 1087nm torque's had a good old chuckle with dingo and looks like i might in the near future have a looksee at all this zf tuning jargin hes banging on about more than likely ur car will be the first or one of the first to have it done to cant wait to see whats the g..o :thumbsup:

assuming thats flywheel torque, thats still pretty decent (550-600nm at the wheels?). nice power

-D

My water pump was just replaced as part of a major service just before i made my purchase, not sure if it is N1 (pretty sure it isn't) but the switch to the 1.3 cap is what blew my heater hose. After two trips to sinergy they've now replaced everything they possibly could, bar the radiator hoses which are up to the job at present, albeit a no brainer to replace myself if need be. Graham spent a great deal of time to source the exact material the car needed to ensure it was back on the road as soon as possible, given that sourcing a few cruddy hoses from Japan would take weeks due the the tsunami. Power FC shows my water temp stabilised at no more than 70 degrees everywhere I drive. Top work from the boys at Sinergy I say! Now I just have to wait and see what self destructs next :whistling:

My water pump was just replaced as part of a major service just before i made my purchase, not sure if it is N1 (pretty sure it isn't) but the switch to the 1.3 cap is what blew my heater hose. After two trips to sinergy they've now replaced everything they possibly could, bar the radiator hoses which are up to the job at present, albeit a no brainer to replace myself if need be. Graham spent a great deal of time to source the exact material the car needed to ensure it was back on the road as soon as possible, given that sourcing a few cruddy hoses from Japan would take weeks due the the tsunami. Power FC shows my water temp stabilised at no more than 70 degrees everywhere I drive. Top work from the boys at Sinergy I say! Now I just have to wait and see what self destructs next :whistling:

It's a 32GTR... You're motor

I hate to be the grammar Nazi, but ffs Heslo you're is the shortening of "you are" .... despite you referring to the ownership of a possession (which would normally involve an apostrophe), "your" is appropriate here. :D Have you grown a pair and decided you are coming to Kadina next weekend? Nice cruise, booze, talking shit, good food and a good ol' country car show - what more can you ask for?

I hate to be the grammar Nazi, but ffs Heslo you're is the shortening of "you are" .... despite you referring to the ownership of a possession (which would normally involve an apostrophe), "your" is appropriate here. :D Have you grown a pair and decided you are coming to Kadina next weekend? Nice cruise, booze, talking shit, good food and a good ol' country car show - what more can you ask for?

lol.

to excuse heslos grammar, his message is right. if u own a 32 gtr engine ur running a grenade. thankfully i dont run so fast to blow my grenade. but eh, a full forged rebuild should be on any rb26's owners TO DO list if he/she/it has any damn sense. of course we cant all afford to do it asap, but at least start planning for a longnose crank/collar and an oilpump and forged pistons at the very least

-D

70C sounds very much on the cold side of things. I hope it's been tuned for that, or could be causing all sorts of dramas...

Haha you're right! I'm on my phone, autocorrect does funky things. Excuse me :P

assuming thats flywheel torque, thats still pretty decent (550-600nm at the wheels?). nice power

-D

um i think the mainline reads wheel figures dont it? or is it already converted pinch.gif

um i think the mainline reads wheel figures dont it? or is it already converted pinch.gif

nope. it reported me having 680nm torque @ 250kw on 16psi last time i was there. i was told i should realistically expect 400 odd which was confirmed on another dyno as being 420nm at the rears

-D